Sunday 14 September 2014

NEW BARRY M A/W GELLY NAIL PAINTS | SWATCHES


I've completely forgot that we ever had a summer and I wouldn't even blame you if you didn't even realise we did, as it was definitely easy to miss! I am completely ready for Autumn and have already started craving hot chocolates and Autumn fashion - which I feel like I need to stock up on. I came across Barry M's new A/W collection a couple of weeks ago and knew that I needed to add some more colours to my ever growing-already too big- collection. I initially saw the shades Mustard and Paprika and instantly knew I needed them, but then I saw the rest and as it was 3 for 2, I just had to. The only shade that I didn't get was the poor green shade which I sadly neglected;I even chose a different colour from an older collection as the free nail varnish in the offer over the green. 



As with all of the Barry M nail paints, these shades apply really smoothly, give a lovely shiny finish and look good after either one heavier coat or two layers for a completely opaque finish. I find that they last well on the nails and hardly chip; mostly I find that they still look reasonable after a weeks wear and I normally change the colour every week. 




I absolutely love the colours that they chose to release and feel that they really are quite unique in the nail varnish world. Even the red and orange shades, aren't your typical shades and instead have the perfect Autumn tone to them; the red shade (chilli), is a darker deep brown red shade and the orange (Paprika) also has the brown deepness to it. I love the Mustard shade and really have not seen anything like it before. Although grey (Chai), sounds pretty boring, it's such an easy and sophisticated shade to wear. The dark brown shade (Cocoa), looked gorgeous in the store, but looking back on it now I did wonder why I bought a brown nail varnish. I do like it on but I'm still not completely sure on it as I wear a lot of black which may not go too well. 




 So, that's nails sorted now I need to sort out my wardrobe for Autumn and Winter!

 At the moment Superdrug have a 3 for 2 offer on all Barry M and Boots have a buy 1 get 2nd half price - yes, I've done my research! What's your favourite shade from the collection?







9 comments:

  1. I love the paprika one different to any shade I have

    Carrieanne x
    http://www.beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chai and Paprika colours! I haven't bought a Barry M polish in so long. I may need to buy some next time I am in superdrug!

    Lovely post!
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those shades too! These would be good ones to get as they're so different to other colours.

      Thanks! :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Ooh such lovely shades, Chi in particular is right up my street :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Barry M nail varnish and I really need some of their new collection. I think I'd go for the red or the orange, I like how they've got a nice autumnal vibe to them.

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely do have the autumnal vibe! :) x

      Delete
  5. I love neutral nails too but need some colour too sometimes. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved