Thursday 6 June 2013

REVIEW: MAYBELLINE 'THE ERASER EYE' CONCEALER




 I had seen and heard a lot of good things about this concealer from American youtubbers/bloggers but had never seen it in either Boots or Superdrug in the UK, so I'm guessing it's pretty new here. 

Maybelline had a foundation with this sponge application and I read a lot of reviews where people really were not impressed by it, so I was surprised when this concealer had such good reviews. 

The concealer is supposed to erase dark circles, puffiness and fine lines, as if you were rubbing them out - wouldn't that be nice?? Anyway, at only 20 years old, I don't really need this for it's anti age benefit, however I still really like this product. 

The shade: I chose the shade light, as I wanted to use it to brighten up the under eye. The shade works really well; I currently have tanned skin, as i've been starting up the dreaded fake tan routine now that the sun has finally made an appearance and it definitely doesn't look too light on me. Therefore, I wouldn't think this shade would be that great for those who do have very fair skin. 

The sponge: I actually like the sponge applicator. I've heard a lot about people saying that it's not the most hygienic way of applying a concealer, as you can't really wash the sponge. However, I'm only using this on my self so this doesn't bother me, although granted it wouldn't be any good for make up artists working with so many different people. The sponge is really soft and smooth on the skin and doesn't cause any dragging, which is good for the delicate skin under the eye.  I did have to twist it quite a lot before the product came to the sponge, but you only need to do that the first time and then from then on all it takes is a little twist each time.

The coverage: I would say this gives a good medium coverage, possibly verging on high. I have pretty dark circles under my eyes as I hate sleeping, so don't do much of it and it covered them really well. There was still some sign of darkness so I could have built it up to cover more but it wasn't really necessary. It also seemed to last all day and I was wearing it when it was very warm outside, so that's impressive. 

Overall? Overall I really like this concealer and have already recommended it to my mum, who now also owns it. I had to show her how to put it on this morning... (yeaaah she's definitely not where I get my make up interest from), anyway, once she blended it in it looked really great on her too. It gave her great coverage and really did make her look younger. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good coverage under eye concealer and probably any age. It also includes goji berry which after some research is supposed to help with under eye aging problems... that one should have been obvious really... I will be re-purchasing this concealer if it lasts well and I prefer it to the beauty blogger cult concealer....*drum roll,* The Collection concealer, that everyone seems to love! This concealer was around £6/7 from Superdrug, which isn't a bad price for a good coverage concealer. 
















3 comments:

  1. this does sound good, but I am quite fair, it may be too dark on me!

    http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think as long as you're not very very fair, you should be okay when blended as it is light, I'm just not sure if it would be too orangey on really really fair skin.

      Delete
  2. Just came across your blog from better bloggers network!
    now following!
    looking forward to keeping up!

    xo
    Christina
    pieceitalltogetherx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved