Friday 14 June 2013

EMPTIES #1

If you've had a look around our blog, you'll understand when I say a regular clear out of our makeup bags is necessary to fit in all the new purchases that accidentally force their way into our lives -  this addiction is not my fault, I swear! 
So here are some of the empty products that are out of our lives, some for good, and others will require a trip to Superdrug to repurchase!

1. Body Shops Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion is £8 for a 50 ml bottle. I got this for my birthday and it's lasted 4 months, which would mean that you'd only have to purchase three bottles and it would last the whole year, which is pretty cost effective. I use the lotion every night to give my skin time away from makeup to refresh and sort out any little problem areas.  The lotion has a more watery texture and does not leave the skin feeling oily which I have previously experienced with other lotions. It leaves the skin feeling fresh and the tea tree helps combat skin issues  and so overall I would recommend this product although if you have extremely dry skin (my forehand is always slightly dry) a thicker application is required meaning it would not last as long.  

2. Rimmel match Perfection, is a fairly low to medium coverage foundation. We've both had this foundation and really didn't think much of it. It's very watery and just looks sooooooo shiny/oily on the skin, so maybe it would be a nice foundation for really dry skin. We don't even have majorly oily skin, we have combination skin types and it wasn't any good for us so I would definitely stay far away if you do have oily skin.

3.This is my third pot of Benefit's Erase Paste at £19.50 in the last three years, so I can confidently say that I am a fan of the long lasting, thick elastic texture. Like all Benefit products, it comes equip with instructions as to where the product should be applied which is always helpful, however I use the concealer more for spots than to brighten however both would be achieved. The only slight downfall is that I use an alternative under eye concealer as I feel this product is too thick to apply in such a delicate area. 

4. Benefit's they're real! I really love this mascara as it gives volume as well as length with the end of  the wand allowing maximum coverage of all the lashes in the corners of the eye, making the eye really stand out. The false look is better achieved with multiple applications which means if you are in a rush and as mascara is one of the last products I apply it can become pretty tedious. Although I love the shape and result at £19.50 it is not worth the price and I would much prefer to pick up a L'oreal or Maybeline introductory offer mascara. 

5.Please excuse the wear on the box but this is an empties post! Benefit's Coralista is undoubtedly my favorite blusher and has lasted me over 2 years (explaining the condition of the box!), using it almost everyday which is incredible! The product has an amazing smell and great pigmentation, although I do not use the brush supplied, opting instead for Real Techniques blusher brush. In addition, the mirror is slightly too small to use. Overall £23.50 seems extortionate however due to the fact it lasts such a long time and looks so lovely on the skin with a slight shimmer I will be replacing this soon!

6.   Benefit's Girl Meets Pearl, is a highlighter/complexion enhancer. It's a really pretty pearly pink colour and gives your skin a gorgeous glow. It was a nice product to use however, It's unlikely that I'll be repurchasing as it's pretty expensive at £24.50!! 

7. Rimmel's Stay Matte foundation is not a favorite of mine.  It gave okay coverage however I didn't notice that it left me looking any more matte than normal, or controlled oil better or worse. I just wasn't wow'd by it at all. There are also only 5 shades available which does limit the consumer range substantially. 

8. Max factor xperience foundation, this foundation lasted ages! It looks like there isn't too much product inside it but it really did last a long time. It's a medium coverage foundation and looks really natural on the skin, but still really enhances your complexion. It's also very light weight so won't clog your pores. I did like this foundation, however I probably won't rush to repurchase as there are so many others which I'd like to try.

9. Maybeline's Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner is long lasting and comes in black and brown shades. I will be repurchasing this again when Superdrug has a three for two offer on as at £7.99 it is more justified to be getting something free! With regular washing and upkeep the brush is easy to apply without being too thin, making it fidley to apply. The liner stays on well all day, however I have experienced some fall down throughout the day but solved this by applying extra powder under the eye. 

10.  I bought Bourjois' Healthy Balance powder on a three for two offer along with the matching foundation and concealer. All together, the collection gives your face a fresh and radiant feel while giving high coverage meaning not as much is needed and so they have lasted well. However I will only buy the foundation again as I find Rimmel's Stay Matte powder to be just as effective and flawless for a much less price. It also smells soo good!


2 comments:

  1. Omg I love your blog. How lovely to do it together,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy following each other? Comment on my blog if you do xxx
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved