Wednesday 26 June 2013

REVIEW: MAC VEGAS VOLT LIPSTICK





(I'm wearing the red shade in the Pumpkin blush palette by Sleek, reviewed 'here').

Well, Debenhams had a 10% off, offer for beauty products and I've just become addicted to MAC make-up, so if we add those together, we get Vegas Volt... and maybe a few other items which will most probably have their claim to fame very soon.

I was the proud owner of two nude MAC lipsticks, (reviewed here) and I was getting huge cravings for a brighter lip colour, especially as it's been looking a bit more like summer lately...well sometimes.

As I ordered this lipstick online, I couldn't really be sure what the true colour was, so I found myself stalking anyone and everyone's blogs who had reviewed this little beauty. A lot of blogs showed it as quite a true red colour, which it isn't, it's a great coral colour with  orange tones. I would go as far as to say it's the perfect coral shade, it's bright enough that it does make a statement but it's also very easy to wear, as it's not in your face bright... you know what I mean! It's a really warm colour and would look amazing on tanned and darker skin. I've also seen it on really fair skin and it still looked great, so I imagine that this is a good all rounder! 

It's an amplified finish which means it's got great colour pay off, really shinny and creamy. It's so creamy that you could apply only a small amount and blend it out if you only wanted a really subtle coral colour, however it easily builds a full coral colour with only one or two applications.  It also lasts a good few hours on the lips and stays well, it doesn't dry out or anything. 

This is the kind of colour that I would definitely repurchase when it runs out as it's the perfect coral and I have nothing negative to say about it... except the price but if you're buying a MAC lipstick or any high end lipstick, you know what you're getting yourself into.



6 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I really want to get this!! When pay day comes around it might just end up in my Debenhams online shopping bag. It's such a lovely coral shade!
    xxx

    www.sarah-nunn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! ;) it is such a beautiful colour. :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. That colour is so beautiful! Really really want it :O I think it would compliment sleeks new candy range, especially the shimmery pastel blues and greens. What foundation do you wear? Your skin looks flawless. It would be cool if you could do a post on some of your favourite foundations :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah that would look fun and so summery! I never even thought of putting it with colours, just stuck with the neutrals! It varies, but I think this one is L'oreal true match. We've been planning on doing one, so we'll hurry up and get it on :)

      xxx

      Delete
  3. That is such a gorgeous coral!! Yay for them being on sale! That color would look great with even a white top...so it stands out.

    It's good to hear it's creamy -- I hate it when the lipsticks make your lips dry out. Lovely post!

    <3 Kelly | The Patch Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huge yay! It's not much off but it'll do! Yeah definitely, I love those outfits that are plan but look great because of bright lips. :)

      Thanks!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved