Wednesday 26 June 2013

REVIEW: DOVE SUMMER GLOW


The Dove 'Summer glow', is a gradual tanner. Therefore, it is just like a moisturiser, in regards to colour, texture and how you apply it, however it develops into a tan hours after application. 
I was really impressed with this grandual tanner, mostly because it didn't leave a horrid fake tan smell. (Horraaayyyy)! I find that even the products that do originally have a nice smell to them, end up smelling a bit of the 'fake tan' smell when they have been on your skin for a couple of hours. I usually apply gradual tanners either at night or days where I'm not going out, so I don't mind too much that I'm carrying around a funky smell. However, I have been using this Dove product during the day, even when I am going out, as it really doesn't leave a horrible smell on the skin.

The colour builds up nicely, to a natural tan, depending on how often and how much you apply. It's not at all orange or streaky and doesn't come off patchy, like some do. It's also really moisturising, so you're skin is left lovely and soft and smooth, which also helps further applications of the product. 

My only negative point for this product is the 'soft shimmer.' I didn't actually notice this when I bought the product as I was distracted by the half price offer, making it around £2.50. The 'soft' shimmer implies that it's a subtle shimmer, well, they lie! It leaves you looking like you've been doing arts and crafts, smothered pva glue all over you and then rolled around in glitter. As you can guess it is so glittery! Granted, the glitter pieces are 'soft' as in pretty small, however, there is so many of them that you're left way too glittery. I was wearing this product when I went out to a pub the other night and even in the dark pub, I was still sitting there glittering away. Luckily, they do give the option to not have the 'soft shimmer' included and I'll definitely be sticking to that one in the future!


Have you tried this gradual tanner, or any other good ones?

 
 



4 comments:

  1. hi girls,
    I made the same mistake of getting carried away by the price and then realised later on that it had soft shimmer which is definitely not what I was looking for! The question is, does the shimmer wash away when you take a shower after the colour has fully developed? I'm super worried!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, the shimmer washes off as soon as you shower, thankfully!! Really not a subtle shimmer at all, which is annoying but at least the colours good :) x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou so much for giving me answers haha! I applied it a good few hours ago and let it develop and in electric lighting it looks so, so glittery definitely not a subtle shimmer!! The colours fabulous I love the normal one without shimmer so I know the colour will be good I was just very worried that I would be glistening for days haha but thankyou for letting me know I've been trying to find out for hours!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! :) I have the normal one too and obviously way prefer that! I don't know why they make them so shimmery, I don't think anyone would like it that much! xx

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved