Wednesday 19 June 2013

REVIEW: THE BODY SHOP - CHOCOMANIA

As strange as it may seem to say this but, we kind of have a love hate relationship with the smell of the Chocomania products. Normally, we wouldn't go near anything that smells anything like chocolate or cake or anything like that; we prefer fresh or fruity scents. However, we were just smelling all of the body butters, as you do... and came across this one. Both of our reactions were 'eurgh that's gross.' However, after smelling it again... thinking about it, why would you smell something a second time after just calling it gross??

Anyway, we decided that surprisingly, there was something about it that we actually liked. It's one of those smells that you don't usually like and you don't really want to like but you can't help yourself but keep on smelling it anyway as there's something about it! So long story semi short, I got the body scrub and Hannah got the body butter.


Chocomania Sugar Body Scrub:


The smell is obviously chocolate, with cocoa butter, which it includes so no surprise there. It's a fairly rich smell but the cocoa butter seems to make it a little softer so it isn't overpowering.  The smell doesn't seem to last on the skin after you've washed it off, by just using the scrub on its own, however the smell might stay stronger if you used the butter afterwards. 

I was expecting the texture to be quite rough and a heavy duty scrub, however it's much softer than that. I use exfoliators and body scrubs mostly to remove the remains of my fake tan when it has come to the end of it's life, this scrub didn't do the best job at that and I had to revert to my trusty Soap & Glory scrub instead. It's quite gentle as the sugar scrub pieces are so tiny, it is however, very creamy and velvet feeling on the skin. This scrub would be good for anyone who only wants to use it as a gentle exfoliator, just not if you're hoping for much more. I imagine that it would be good for people with either sensitive skin or a little dry as it's really nice and moisturising. it's a pretty fun and interesting fragrance however I doubt that I would repurchase it, as it's not really tough enough and there's so many others that I'd love to try.


 Chocomania Body Butter:

As with all Body Shop Body Butters, this offers great hydration to the skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. I never felt any discomfort or dryness while wearing the body butter, even after the next time I showered, my skin still felt moisturised. The texture is quite thick and creamy but still absorbs into the skin nicely and fairly quickly. Unlike the scrub the chocolatey smell does last on the skin but it is a subtle smell. The butter contains 13 community fair trade ingredients, which is apparently the most that The Body Shop have ever put into one product. I would recommend this body butter to anyone who loves the smell of chocolate and cocoa butter and wants a really rich and creamy moisturiser, which is very long lasting. 

 


2 comments:

  1. I had this body butter, I wasn't a big fan - far too oily for me and the scent was pleasant at first, but after a while I had to force myself to use up the little pot (50ml)

    kisses from Istanbul!
    www.7hillsofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see what you mean. I find the coconut one can be a little like that too!

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved