Monday 24 June 2013

TAG: WHY DO YOU WEAR MAKE-UP?



We came across this tag on 'Couture girl's' blog, in a post from last year and we thought we would give it a go too. It's only a few questions but you can go quite in-depth with the answers, so you  really get to know the blogger more. It's also pretty interesting as make-up just seems like something you do when you get to around your teenage years and we probably don't even really remember why we started wearing make-up. Was it purely because that's just what everyone else was doing or was there was any other reason?

1. When did you begin loving make-up?
Georgia: I can't really ever remember not being interested in make-up. I used to bite my nails when I was a young child and I remember being so excited when I had grown them enough and my mum would then paint them for me. After that I remember always being fascinated by all of her make up, the mosaic bronzer especially! I started wearing clear mascara to school some days when I was in year 5, so only 10 years old! That just seems terrible now! (ooops) But obviously it wasn't even noticeable. I was obsessed with the Dream Matte Mousse foundation when I was around 13 and was so happy when my mum let me buy it. The main other time that I knew I was really passionate about make-up was when I'd watch films and T.V and be paying as much attention to what the characters make-up looked like, to the actual story line! I was always trying to copy Marissa and Summer's make up off of The OC. 

Hannah: I think I started wearing makeup in middle school, of course a couple years before we were allowed, so it was very subtle! However it's only been within the last year that I have really fell in love with experimenting with makeup and also trying to copy other people's looks.   

2. How do you feel without make-up?
Georgia: Okay, this may seem weird, but I feel like I have two types of 'no make-up face'. One is where I look at myself and think I look absolutely horrific, to such an extent that I don't really feel comfortable with that look even in my own house and around my family and boyfriend. The other is where maybe I've fake tanned so my face at least looks a healthy colour and then I don't feel so bad... but then again would that count as make-up?? Oh dear.... Okay lets shorten that. I'm lucky my skin is never too bad, I get the odd spot but that's it, so I don't feel too terrible without make-up generally. However, some days, maybe around the time where I'm more stressed from uni and busy with deadlines, so I have worse under eye bags, then I'm not overly comfortable with my own appearance.

Hannah:  I've always had a personal rule; if my hair and make-up is done I'm not as bothered about wearing the perfect outfit and vise versa, this rule became necessary when I have to wear all the lovely uniforms that come with school and now working at Sainsburys while I do my A-Levels. However if I had to pick I'd much rather wear make-up as I feel even just a little can make you feel much more confident, in addition I've always had a red undertone to my cheeks which exaggerates in embarrassing situations and so make-up has definitely hidden some of my embarrassment in the past! 
 
3. What do you like about make-up?
Georgia: What a silly question! I LOVE everything about make-up, except the price!!! I really like how it can completely transform your face and enhance your natural beauty. I like how it can make people feel; I think it's amazing that a lipstick and some mascara, to say the least, can really make people feel more confident in themselves. If we feel like we look good, as shallow as it may sound, I believe that we do perform better and more positive if we are happy and confident in how we look. I love the endless amounts of looks that make-up allows you to create with just your one face. I especially love the reaction when you do somebodies make-up and you can just tell that they now feel so much prettier and confident in their appearance.

Hannah:I like how it can transform you on a day where you've maybe had not enough sleep,or just aren't feeling your best, into looking completely different to how you feel inside, as bad as that sounds it gives you the extra push to be confident and positive in life. However on a less deep note, it is also so much fun to experiment with and is an always developing industry so you can never get bored ! 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved