Friday 7 June 2013

REVIEW & SWATCH: TOPSHOP'S PILLOW TALK LIPSTICK

Before I stumbled across the world of beauty blogs, I didn't think much of TOPSHOP'S make up; it never stood out to me and I just assumed it wouldn't be of that great quality. 

However, I joined the 21st century and to my surprise beauty bloggers seemed to love the TOPSHOP range, especially the lipsticks! 

Although, I was looking for a nice nudey light pink lipstick and keen to try out the TOPSHOP range, I didn't actually plan to buy it when I was making my TOPSHOP order. The thing is, I don't like paying for post & packaging and I didn't have enough in my bag to qualify for free shipping, so I decided to add a little £8 lipstick to qualify for free shipping.  Now I know this is a sneaky way of companies getting more from you as you end up spending more than you would have on the postage, however, I figured with postage being £4 and the lipstick £8, that wasn't too bad and I'd much rather get something I will end up buying anyway than pay that damn p&p! 

Back to the actual lipstick then...

The lipstick is really true to colour, as shown on the website. It's a light pinky nude, but not insipid and wont wash you out as it's still got a little brightness in it... you know what I mean... It's also very well pigmented, so you don't need to keep building the colour to reach the shade the lipstick is supposed to be. TOPSHOP, suggest that you can team it with a gloss, however I am yet to try this, but I'm liking this idea, for a more shinny finish.

The finish of this lipstick is described as a velvet matte finish, so no shimmer. Initially I was a little apprehensive about the texture, as it didn't apply as smoothly as I was expecting, however, I'm pretty sure that this is only because I'm not used to applying lipsticks. Lately I've mostly been wearing the Revlon Lip butters, (you can read my review here) and the MUA Power Pouts, (review here), which are very moisturising due to their butter and balm textures. However, once applied the texture of the lipstick felt very creamy and moisturising and didn't dry my lips out. The lasting power is also pretty good for a lipstick. 

I think the packaging is also really cute as it's so different from any other lipstick packaging and I don't think £8 is a bad price either, as it's a really good quality lipstick. I'm definitely going to give TOPSHOP's makeup collection a lot more attention from now on and I've already got my eye on some of the other shades and products. (I really did not need to find another makeup brand I like, but oh well)... 
You can purchase the lipstick online on TOPSHOP's website

 I would love to know what other TOPSHOP pieces are really great?



1 comment:

  1. Oooo, I've been eyeing theses up for a while! Might need to go purchase some now!:3


    Www.shonaelizabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved