Sunday 12 July 2015

MY CURRENT FAVOURITES

Originally this was intended to be for my June favourites but I had a stage of not really feeling like blogging and then as we got further into the month it just seemed too late to post, so here we have it my current favourites instead as I couldn't ignore these products that have been doing me so well recently.

My absolute essential product over the summer months is self tan. With everyone jetting away and coming back so tanned, I just feel like I have to be tanned too. I can embrace the lighter natural skin during the winter but when I'm showing more skin I feel better when it's tanned. I recently posted my tanning routine which you can read if you want more detail, 'here'. I absolutely love Lauren's Way. I love all of the ones that I've tried but I discovered the spray formula during June and think that is makes the application much easier and quicker and doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin. I love the Rapid tan as it develops quickly, you don't need to make sue you've got over 8 hours for it to develop every time you want to apply self tan. Full review here.
Of course, with beautiful tanned skin, come the chore of exfoliating a lot!I can't believe during all of these years of wearing fake tan I have never bought exfoliating gloves; they're amazing! I bought these from Primark and I don't think they were more than a couple pound if that.

My next favourite is the Make Up Revolution Iconic Blush Bronze and Brighten palette in Smoulder. I recently did a post showing all four shades of this palettes but Smoulder is my absolute favourite and I have used it pretty much everyday this month. The other day I found MAC Peaches, which I loved last year, I tried wearing it and just didn't like how it made my make up look at all, I needed the pretty pink in Smoulder. I love the highlight in this palette too as it's just so pretty. I even got complimented on it from a very unlikely source at work - who knew men notice that pretty thing on your cheekbones?!

For ease in the mornings I always tend to opt for easy neutral brown eye shadows, but recently I have been branching out a little and I mean a little as it's only a small extension of the usual brown family. I've been enjoying using slight plum/purple toned shadows, like Quarry from MAC and the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay. It obviously still looks very neutral but it's a nice little change and I feel that the colours really brighten up my eyes and emphasis the green in them.

My go to lipstick lately has been MAC's Kinda Sexy; it's a gorgeous neutral nude shade, which leans more on the peachy tone making it really flattering and I find that is such an easy shade to pair with most make up looks.

Onto jewellery now. I always love the look of lots of cool and simple jewellery but I'm pretty rubbish at buying any. My money normally goes on make up then clothes and maybe shoes. I then struggle to justify more on jewellery and bags etc. While I was in Forever 21 a month or so ago I decided that I was definitely going to make the effort to chose a necklace that would go with lots of outfits and just make them look more stylish and like I've made more effort. I love how you can just wear very plain clothes but with the right accessories it looks so much more stylish. I picked up about five different necklaces as they were only a few pounds each, so hardly broke the bank. They are all gold, very simple and some quite unique and I've loved incorporating them into my outfits. 

A recent discovery, which I am blaming my mum for as she bought me it first is the Sweet & Salty Poshcorn. It seems a little odd really raving about a pop corn so much, but it's the best that I have ever had. It's the perfect combination between sweet and salty and is just so addictive!

My final addiction favourite recently has been the TV show Desperate Housewives. I watched the later seasons when they were originally on the TV and a couple of years ago I think they were all on Netflix, so I watched them all then. They have recently come onto the Sky boxsets so I've been watching them like crazy as they just don't ever get old. I've even managed to get my boyfriend Jamie into them, which is really funny as he was sure he wouldn't like it at first but now he sits and watches, asks questions and moans when he doesn't like certain characters. 

Those are all of the things that I have been loving recently, what have you been enjoying lately?









2 comments:

  1. Kinda Sexy looks like such a pretty shade! I've not heard much about it before but I'm desperate to try it now! x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved