Tuesday 11 June 2013

LITTLE MAC COSMETICS HAUL





I nearly reached the age of 21 without buying anything from MAC. I was happily going along with my everyday life, trying to convince myself that you don't need any MAC makeup; you can get the same thing for less, it can't be that much better, who spends £12 or so on a single little measly eyeshadow? Well that didn't work well did it?! 
My mission to avoid MAC actually was going pretty smooth until I started watching YouTube videos and every other word was MAC, MAC, bloody MAC!!! But still I remained strong, until I saw a real life MAC counter! I was just shopping with my mum in a place I'd been to, only about 100 or so times before, there it was, out of the corner of my eye I saw those three beautiful letters, I froze and leapt for joy all at once... anyway I'm hoping you can relate... we went in and it was like a magical haven of make up. Obviously the avoiding MAC idea went not just out the window but out of the highest penthouse's window, straight down to the ground. In other words - this little haul happened. 

 

Pro Longwear Concealer

I had heard a lot of good things about this concealer and decided that I needed it and that it would be especially useful for the under eyes, when I start my final year at uni and the sleep deprivation starts again! It has a medium to high coverage, therefore, covers under eye bags very very well! The finish is  natural matte and the product supposedly lasts up to 15 hours and I can confirm it lasted at least 12 hours on me, as when the  MAC artist put it on me in the morning, I could still see the coverage it gave when I took my make up off that night. I got the shade NW25 as the MAC artist said the pinky undertones, the NW's cover under the eye generally better than the NC's.

 


Mineralize Skinfinish  Natural

This is the shade, 'Give me Sun!' and it's gorgeous as a bronzer. The picture makes it look a lot more pale than the actual product does and the MAC website makes it look so much darker, so I'd suggest checking out the colour in person. (The swatch gives the most true colour). It's a really nice warm tan colour and doesn't look at all 'muddy' like some bronzing powders can. It gives a natural matte finish which means you could use it to contour the face. It's also really creamy feeling, for a powder and so smooth, therefore it blends beautifully. The compact holds 10g of product and it's so so so so so so... pigmented that I'm predicting this will last a long time, so I'm hoping it's worth the £21 price tag...



Shy Girl Lipstick                     

                                                                                                                      
 So this was a pretty safe option as lipstick goes, but I wanted a nice nude lipstick that I could wear easily and that would go with most eye looks, just to make the look more complete. The lipstick is a cremesheen so it's lovely and creamy and not at all drying on the lips. As you can see the colour is a neutral coral/peachy beige, which is a great nude colour as it compliments the skin tone instead of washing you out, which some lighter nudes can do.






Viva Glam V Lipstick

This lipstick is a pretty neutral pink colour, with a lustre finish. It's a really great colour for making your lips look pretty and more polished, without being overpowering with colour. It's really smooth on the lips and seems to last quite well for a lipstick; it even managed to last on my lips even after eating dinner, which is impressive. The Viva Glam lipsticks are also great as the whole RRP price (£14), goes to charity to help those suffering from HIV/AIDS, so there is no excuse not to pick one of these beauties up so you can not only look good but donate to charity too!







5 comments:

  1. Love the shy girl lipstick!

    shonaelizabeth.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul, I love Mac lipstick!

    Http://blondeambition3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're so addictive aren't they!? :)

      Delete
  3. Love their makeup. It's expensive, but so worth the money.

    If you get a sec, check out my latest post. I would love to hear what you think about it. Thanks!

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved