Wednesday 5 June 2013

REVIEW: HERBAL ESSENCES BEE STRONG

 It's no secret that Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner, are known for smelling absolutely amazing! I hadn't used Herbal Essences shampoo or conditioner for quite some time, just because I was too busy using other brands, however this new range caught my eye. We were both unlucky enough to inherit fine and thin hair - apparently our mum didn't fancy sharing her thick hair! So our hair is more prone to damage, from all the nasty things we're all guilty of putting our hair through on a daily basis. 

Anyway, the shampoo and conditioner is said to be aimed for those with damaged hair and is supposed to strengthen hair by helping to repair and protect the outer layer of the hair to leave it strong against combing damage. The shampoo and conditioner contains honey and apricot extracts, hence the 'Bee Strong' name... see what they did there?? Of course you do. Honey is known for its good use in beauty products and on top of this the shampoo and conditioner smell so good. I think the scent is much more apricot than honey but it still smells great and seems to last throughout the day!

Both the products left my hair feeling very good; very soft and smooth and did not leave my hair feeling heavy at all and instead very light weight, so you just want to swoosh your hair around because it feels so free... slightly weird but most importantly, it did leave my hair feeling very well conditioned and it looked great. Like all products which are potentially claiming to produce miracles, I'm not sure how much it repairs and protects but it left my hair feeling  great and that's good enough for me! The fact that it felt so well conditioned and hydrated makes me think it's doing a good job.

I now definitely want to try the intensive hair mask from this range, as I've heard very good things about it.  Have you tried anything from this new range? 

7 comments:

  1. I have been religiously using it for the past month. It is really good for its price! Leaves my hair feeling deeply hydrated without making it oily . It is bouncy and even though I have very wavy hair, it leaves it so manageable that it still looks smooth even without any blow drying or styling! The smell lasts from wash to wash. Very happy with this range!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, I can't fault it. Glad to hear it's good for other hair types too! :)

      Delete
  2. does it wash out your colour? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't coloured my hair much lately so not really sure sorry x

      Delete
    2. I have a semi-permanent colour in my hair, and it hasn't really made much of a difference to it. It depends on what state your hair was in when you coloured it. :)
      Hope that answers your question :)

      Delete
  3. This is my favourite shampoo and conditioner combo I've ever used! It doesn't "get old" either, like most products I use - by that I mean my hair gets used to other shampoos and conditioners and then their effects wear off, but this one as the same outcome every time - fab glossy hair!! And considering the damage I've done with straighteners over the years, that takes some doing :D check out my post on this product here http://www.life-by-lde.co.uk/2013/08/the-bees-knees.html

    Love the blog

    Lorna :)

    www.life-by-lde.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried HE before but when I saw the bee strong I wanted to try it, glad to hear it left your hair feeling really conditioned, I may buy some when it's next on offer!

    www.lauralikesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved