Friday 12 July 2013

SUMMER DAISY NAILS

As the weather has decided to be a bit more like summer as of late, I decided that I wanted to do something with my nails to make them look all nice and summery too! While rummaging through our nail varnish collection, I found this little daisy stickers. I bought these a last year, I think, If not longer ago. There were from Claire's Accessories and cost around £3. All you do is peel them off ans stick them on, as easy as that! As you can see from the photos, some of the stickers don't lay very flat, where the nail curves, however, this doesn't seem to be too much of a problem. They may work better if you cut the daisies off indivually, instead of being lazy and just cutting bigger sections off like I did. 



I decided to use the blue nail varnishes underneath as I think the daises look good against both of the different shades. I used the Barry M Gelly High Shine nail paint in Guava, which is from the newest summer collection and as you can see is a gorgeous bright blue.  It's also super shiny and applies so well. 


 The lighter blue is by Models Own and is the shade Aqua Pro 051. We have a couple of other colours in the same pro range, which are also apparently limited edition. I wasn't at all impressed with the other shades, as the price of these nail varnishes was £8 and for that price I expected them to be better than my normal Barry M favourites, which are under half the price. I found that they chipped really easily and didn't last at all well on the nails. The Models Own Pro range polishes, do look really great at first and apply nicely, just the longevity is terrible, especially considering the price. I only bought this shade as I really liked the colour and it was on offer for £3, which I then didn't mind too much if it chipped fairly easily. 


What are your favourite summer nail art ideas?



4 comments:

  1. They look absolutely beautiful!!! I wouldn't want to them off. So perfect for summer :). X

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look professionally done! Really love the colour theme. I hope I can still get these stickers from Claire's, if not I will try to get something similar from eBay. :p

    Olivia xxx
    Beauty from the Fjord
    Current giveaway: Beautecobox (beauty box)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure there will be loads really similar on ebay :) xx

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved