Monday 8 July 2013

WEDDING GUEST MAKE UP



Hey!

On Saturday I went to my boyfriend's mum's wedding. However, I wasn't just a guest, I was also doing the brides and brides maids make-up. I will be posting some photos of the bride's make-up very soon and chatting about how it went. I'll also post some other wedding photos and my outfit once I get my hands on the wedding photo disc!

Unfortunately my photographer (AKA Hannah), decided she wasn't going to bother doing any close up shots of the eye make-up so this is the best we have. I did my make-up myself and wanted to do something quite... well, natural isn't really the word, but I wanted it to look pretty but not too much or too dramatic as it was a wedding and I think fresh and pretty is the way to go for weddings, rather than dark and too 'in your face.' As I am a make-up lover and aspiring make-up artist, I couldn't just wear minimal make-up, especially for a wedding! So I decided on neutral colours and created a smoky eye.

 I set my alarm for 6.30am to make sure that I had enough time to get ready as I didn't want to be late going over to do the bride and brides maids make-up. Luckily, everything with my hair and make-up went really smoothly and I was really happy with both. Hannah used the Babyliss heated rollers in my hair and I left them in for over an hour and the curls stayed in all day. I wasn't necessarily wanting my hair super curly but it's so flat and thin that any volume was much welcomed. 

 I decided against wearing false lashes as it was going to be a long day, it was boiling hot and my hayfever is still pretty horrible, so they would have definitely just aggravated me.

All products used will be listed after the photos.

 








And the final look, with hair and make-up finished...





Hair

- TIGI Bed Head Style Shots Epic Volume Shampoo & Conditioner
- TIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen for a day Thickening Spray
- L'oreal Heat Styling Spray - Volume 
- Babyliss Heated Rollers 
- L'oreal Elnett Hairspray
- TIGI Bed Head After Party Smoothing Cream 

Make-up

Face:

- Primer: Benefit Porefessional (cheap dupe here)
- Foundation: MAC Stufio Fix Fluid NW25
- Powder: Rimmel Match Perfection Soft Beige 200 + Rimmel Stay Matte transparent
- Bronzer: MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Give Me Sun
- Blusher: Benefit Hervana
- Contour + Highlight: Sleek Face Form Kit in Light (review here)
- Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear NW25 + Maybelline The Eraser (review here)

Eyes: 

- Sleek Ultra Mattes Palette
- Rimmel Gel Eyeliner Black
-  MAC Woodwinked 
- MUA Brow Kit
- Benefit They're Real mascara
- MUA PRO Base Make-up Fixing Spray

Lips:

- LUSH Sugar Scrub (Review here)
- MAC Viva Glam V
- Soap & Glory Sexy mother pucka Lipgloss



6 comments:

  1. you look absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the eyemakeup! defintely want to try that myself some day. Probably wouldn't look as gorgeous though! xx

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ohh let me know if you do, would love to see! Just followed you on bloglovin :) xx

      Delete
  2. Do you have a YouTube channel? because if you don't you really should have tutorials on there :) makeup looks lovely, I wish I could do my makeup like that xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No I'm afraid not, a few have asked but I wouldn't even know where to start. I'll definitely give it a lot of thought xx

      Delete
  3. Love you makeup especially your eye make up definitely something i would go for at a wedding xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole look looks Gorgeous..Beautifully blended and all that jazz....:)Good Job!
    asqgenerates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved