Wednesday 10 July 2013

MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO 24 HR | REVIEW + MAKE-UP IDEA


Maybelline's Colour Tattoo 24 Hr  cream shadows aren't exactly new anymore, however it wasn't until a few weeks ago that they caught my attention. This happened when I was trying to find something in my makeup bag to apply to make my eyeshadow more vibrant, allowing for a much more intense and true representation of the shadows colour. I found MaXfactor's Smoky Eye effect eyeshadow . The cream texture of the shadow almost acted like a primer base, giving the eye the perfect texture for eye shadow staying power! Seeing as I dug this out of the bottom of my bag, you should see it soon in an empties post, and so I came across these Colour Tattoo's that have the same creamy texture I was looking for.  
 

They're easy to apply using Real Techniques stater set, and as the name suggests, they stay on perfectly all day! After reading some other reviews there has been complaints of them staying on a little too long, however I didn't experience this after using a general make-up remover.
At £4.99 each I brought them on Boot's buy one get one half price deal. Regardless of the deal, I think their £4.99 price is extremely good, considering how much product you get and the price of make-up these days!  I soon became addicted. I have to admit I was slightly worried about using the black due to the Tattoo name, however I have found it works great to line and define the eye and will no doubt be buying some more colours soon! 
There is a variation of mattes and more shimmery  colours, which means that all ages and styles can use them, the only downfall I can say, would be the lack of colours here in the UK, after finding some great lighter colours that would highlight well, on the internet available in the USA I can only hope they will make their way here eventually. 
With flash

Above are the colours, Metallic Pomegranate and Pink Gold, that I used to create the make-up look, however I also used MUA's Undress me too palette  on the crease of the eye to add definition and depth to the look. 






2 comments:

  1. I love Colour Tattoos, Pink Gold is my favourite :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually wearing pink gold today but Pomegranite is on my list for next month!! I love these although I don't apply mine as fabulously as you - I tend to use them on my lazy days when I'm popping my make up on on the train!! (yes I'm one of those people!)

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved