Saturday 20 July 2013

BRIDAL WEDDING MAKE-UP




I've been meaning to post this post for what feels like ages now! I had to wait until the photographers photos were done and then my laptop decided to get really sick and had to go to laptop hospital for a few days, costing me a sickening amount! It now seems fine and I've stolen the photographs from my boyfriend's mum (the bride), so I can finally get on with this post!

So here goes.

At the beginning of July, my boyfriend's mum got married and she asked me to do her make-up, which was an amazing offer, as I'm not a professional make-up artist at all yet! At first I thought it would be easy; I'm constantly watching wedding tutorials and I enjoy doing make-up so how hard could it be? It then hit me how stressful this could actually be. EVERYONE would be looking at the bride and examining her every detail; how her dress looks, how her hair looks, how her make-up looks... I started to worry how the make-up would look on the photographers camera, what if the bride doesn't like it??  Anyway, I calmed down and we did a test run and it turned out really well. As soon as I started I completely relaxed and just got on with what I love to do. It helped my nerves having my boyfriend and his now step brother messing around in the same room, making myself and the bride to be, laugh, yeah, not the best when you're trying to do make-up but it was funny. 

On the day of the wedding I was even happier with how the make-up turned out. I had researched more and practised techniques on myself and it all went really smoothly, despite being pretty rushed. I also had to do the two bridesmaids make-up in record time as I it wasn't actually planned that I would be doing theirs too, so luckily Hannah came with me and was able to help out too. Unfortunately, as it was such a rush we weren't able to get any good close up photographs of the make-up, especially the eyes which is a shame, so the one above is the best we have. 

Products used:

Primer: MUA Undress Your Skin
Foudation: Mac Studio Fix Fluid NW25
Concealer: Mac Pro Longwear NW25
Bronzer: Bourjois Bronzing Primer & 'Mac Give Me Sun' Mineral Skin Finish
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Translucent 
Eye shadow: Sleek Ultra Mattes Palette & Benefit Creaseless Cream Eye shadow  RSVP
Eye Liner: Benefit Bad Gal Waterproof Eye liner  Brown
Mascara: Rimmel Max Bold Curves
Blusher: Benefit Hervana
Highlighter & Contour: Sleek Face Form Light & Benefit Sun beam 
Brows: MUA Brow Kit 
Lips: MUA Power Pout Irreplaceable
Fixing Spray: MUA Fixing Spray 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved