Sunday 28 July 2013

REVIEW: REVLON PHOTOREADY COLLECTION



 The sleek and bold appearance of Revlon's Photoready collection caught my eye immediately and I finally purchased them while Superdrug had a 3 for 2 offer on, you may see a pattern emerging in my spending habits! I love the appearance and the 'photoready' concept, which I was drawn to, especially due to the fact I've not always loved having my picture taken therefore make up has always helped me feel confident, so this felt like an ideal product. 



Sadly, the foundation didn't live up to my expectations; I've found that when applying it the texture is very runny which did lead to a few marks on my shorts! Obviously this could be avoided but if like me you're very clumsy I would steer clear for the sake of your clothes! On top of this, I found it became cakey on the skin, therefore, close up I felt my skin looked tired and worn, although from a distance it didn't look as bad. The foundation also seemed to have really poor longevity as it  wore away around my nose a few hours after applying it. I tried applying a primer before this foundation and it did sit slightly better on the skin, however, I never normally use primers and I've never felt like I've had to before this foundation. As it really didn't live up to my expectations and just made my face look horrible, I gave the foundation to Georgia who has actually rated it higher than I have and actually really likes it. 


 I feel bad giving another disappointing bit of feedback but here goes. Once again it looks great and has a high end look with the lack of  colour and just sticking with black and silver. However, considering it claims to give 3D volume, I didn't see the results even after applying a few coats. I look for mascaras that offer a lot of volume, as my lashes are naturally long, so I only really need the added volume from mascara, so this mascara really disappointed me. Another issue with this mascara is the wand. The wand is very rigid and a little too spikey to be used so close to the eye. I also didn't feel like a lot of mascara came off the wand and instead just stuck to the tip of the wand, which didn't help at all when trying to build volume.  It did last well on the lashes, however, since it's main and only claim is '3D volume,'  which it didn't give, I don't think the other factors are too important. 


Overall I was excited to try these out, but was extremely disappointed due to the advertisement of them as well as the price!


Have you tried either of these and actually had any luck?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved