Saturday 13 July 2013

WEDDING OUTFIT


This is the dress that I wore to my boyfriend's mum's wedding, last Saturday and obviously, my boyfriends first appearance on this blog! Hello Jamie! (Who will be reading this because I'll make him)! 

Anyway,It was such a hot day, so I was so glad that I could wear a pretty thin summer dress, I felt so sorry for all the men in their suits and the bride and bridesmaids in their big dresses.

I bought this dress last year, from a store that stocks lots of different designers, but I've just looked up and found the website, so you can have a peek too. The brand is called TFNC London, I don't know what that is but alas. It also offers a unidays student discount, which is always a bonus for us students on a budget! 

I had already worn this dress on holiday last year (yes I was an outfit repeater...((awkward if you haven't watched the Lizzie Mcguire movie)), but it's so pretty that it needed another trip out and it's a great summer dress but a little more formal than your typical day dress, so it seemed a great fit for a summer wedding. The colour scheme of the wedding was the purple that you can see on my boyfriend's tie and the dress has little hints of purple in, so I also stuck my way into the wedding party colour scheme, how cheeky! 


The shoes are from Zara and cost £29.99 I think, which I think is very reasonable for Zara, but Primark and New Look now do really great dupes of them which are obviously quite a bit cheaper. I was originally going to wear nude heels with this dress, as it was a wedding, nude would have been typically more weddingy...but I love these heels and I knew I wouldn't get many other chances to wear them. I wore them for over 6 hours, standing up practically the whole time as well as a trek across the field that surrounded the venue and to a small park... yeah... not your usual wedding actions, but my boyfriend's family members, who are around our age  are very over populated with males and they just don't understand heels! Surprisingly my feet didn't hurt as bad as you would imagine which I was extremely grateful for! I don't know if this is the case for all Zara shoes as these are my only pair. (So far)!


Here is a closer look of the pattern on my dress and just another photo that we had taken on the day. Obviously the naughty little comments of '' will it be you two next'' ...etc  made an appearance, as Jamie and I have actually been together longer than his mum and step dad, which is really surreal.


Are you attending any weddings this year?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved