Friday 26 July 2013

FOTD | DARK COPPER BROWN/BLACK SMOKY EYE





Although this post has been titled as a day make-up look, as I wore it in the day, it's probably better suited as a night look, unless like me, you like to always be wearing a lot of make-up. As I love to do make-up and experiment with new looks, I always make an effort with my make-up and like to look made up, so I don't mind waking up a little, well a lot earlier than perhaps necessary, so that I have time to do my make-up nicely. 




 I really liked this look and enjoyed wearing it. It has a nice amount of darkness and definition, without being too heavy or dark; as the black shadow has only gone along the lash line and then been smudged out and also doesn't go too far up the eye lid. The brown and copper shades are taken up into the crease to add to the smoky look. The brown shades make the eye look smoky without being too intense and heavy, as all black would. It makes the look more natural looking and easier to wear for more occasions. 



As the eye is quite dark I wanted to add a lot of high light under the brow bone and in the inner eye corner to brighten the eye and add a good contrast between the shadow and the highlight. I also wanted to contour the cheek bones and add a highlighter there to sculpt the face better. As the eyes are dark and the cheeks are contoured, I chose a light pink nude lip, to keep the look more wearable and to not take the main attention away from the eyes. My boyfriend even commented that he liked the 'nude lip,' in his exact words. I'm not sure how he knew what to call this but I guess after 4 1/2 years you start to wear off on one another. 







If I wanted to wear this look for a night out, I would add some false lashes and maybe a bit more black around the eye. You could also wear a bright pink or coral lipstick with this look, if you wanted a really made up look. 



Do you like this make-up look? What's your favourite looks at the moment? 


Products used:

Face: 
MUA Matte Perfect Primer
Revlong Photo Ready Foundation
Bourjois Bronzing Primer
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
Sleek Contour kit light
Mac Give Me Sun MSF
Benefit Dallas Blush
Rimmel 050 Live Pink blush

Lips: 
Top Shop Pillow Talk lipstick
Revlon Creme Brulee Lip Butter
Benefit Life On The A List Lip Gloss 


Eyes:
 MUA Brow kit
Rimmel Gel Eyeliner
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Sleek Ultra Mattes Eye Palette 
(All of the neutral shades)
MUA Undress Me Too Palette 
(Shades, Shy and Fiery).
MUA Shade 24 Pearl




15 comments:

  1. I really love this look! I'm a big fan of intense eyes even for the day :) Really pretty

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Why not go all out with make-up!? :D

      xx

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful look.

    http://thankgodyourfabulous.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.. my eye makeup never looks like this :( xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous makeup :)

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! really love this look! the blend of the colors is so beautiful!
    great post!

    Girls Talk... Fashion, Beauty, and Life!

    X❤X❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this makeup is so beautiful! You have such a talent! It's wonderful to see that you use lots of accessible drugstore products too! I'm following your blog now, I've become a little obsessed! hahah!

    Lots of love,
    Rachael @ aisforayla.blogspot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Means a hell of a lot! Yeah, it really bugs me when people only use hugely expensive products all the time!

      Thanks for the follow too, glad you're liking our blog :D

      xxx

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved