Monday 22 July 2013

WELCOME TO OUR NEW ADDITION!


Awwww... isn't he cute?!?! 

Now, this is definitely the king of impulse buys- he wasn't planned. 

This is Isaac and he's now 5 months old. Not the most conventional cat name but our other cat is called Aragon, (we did have Aragon & Arwen (LOTR), but Arwen died), so cat names like fluffy or paws were just out of the question. 


We were just out with our nan and grandad for the day and my nan told me that the pet shop that she gets all of her pet supplies from had some new kittens. I've always loved cats in general and obviously kittens are just so cute, so, I didn't turn down the offer to go and look. As I've said, we were only planning on looking, but honestly once  you see kittens, their cuteness level just takes over all of your strong will and sensible thinking and volaah, you've got yourself a kitten. 

We were in the shop for over an hour just staring and cooing over the kittens and debating whether or not to get one. There were three ginger kittens all together and I just couldn't bare to separate them. The kitten I bought was on his own as he was the last of his litter to go,  I kind of felt sorry for him, so I just had to have him. 


As my other cat is 9 years old, I had definitely forgotten what looking after kittens was like. He was quite hard work to start off with as we had to constantly watch him, play with him, clear up after him and he would cry if you didn't show him enough attention. He's now settled in more so he isn't as much work and both cats tolerate each other pretty well. But, it is hard separating them at meal times, as they both have different food specially for them and they insist on sharing all of the time! I guess that shows good intentions... 


He spends his days either sleeping, annoying our other cat or just running around the house like a lunatic. He likes to play with everything and anything and goes wherever he pleases, now that he has mastered the stair case. He's still so small, even though he doesn't really look it in the photos. He also reminds us of the 'grumpy cat' photos that people make and we're pretty sure he'll grow up to look like that so we're enjoying his cuteness while it lasts! 


 Do you have any tips for entertaining kittens at all, or anything else? 



4 comments:

  1. How cute is that cat! From my experience of Cats in the family I would say cat toys with cat nip in them. I know my dog (weird I know) loves these plastic balls that bounce around that have catnip in!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great idea, thanks! We'll have to get some :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Georgia and Hannah,
    I love your blog and have nominated it for a Liebster Award
    www.lifeofafabobsessive.com
    Shannon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! HE'S SO FLUFFY! xx

    Louise <3

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved