Sunday 15 June 2014

REVIEW: LAUREN'S WAY SOLUTION 60 RAPID MOUSSE

I seem to have some kind of immunity against self tans; for some reason even the darkest do not show up much on me at all. I've been using self tan for around 8 years (omg... that's pretty insane). I thought maybe because I'm so used to being fairly tanned all the time, I may have turned into some kind of 'tanorexic' who doesn't notice that I'm tanned... but, last year my suspicions were confirmed. I had a spray tan for my boyfriend's mum's wedding and used the second darkest tan level and still my boyfriend's mum admitted that I still didn't look very tanned, especially considering it was supposed to be very dark and I'd just had it done the day before. 



Enough with the rambling, my point is that even the dark tans by Sienna x, St Tropez, Xen tan... don't look very dark on me at all. I'd heard so many good reviews about Lauren's Way but then again there were just as many great reviews about the other tans I had tried, which didn't live up to my expectations. The 'darker than dark' range appealed to me as it seemed exactly what I was looking for and it was, it's the best tan I've used and really does give a long lasting dark colour. When Lauren's Way released their new Solution 60 tan, I knew I needed to try it. I bought it when there was 20% off, so it was a lot cheaper than other tans.

The tan claims to develop within 1- 2 hours for a medium bronzed glow and 3 for a deeper bronzed colour. It is a mousse formula and therefore very easy to apply. It immediately gives a dark colour to the skin and I think darker than the 'darker than dark' tan did, which shows it's quickness in developing. 

I was a little naughty the first time I applied the tan and instead of the recommend 3 hours I left it on all day. The colour developed amazingly and very dark but a natural dark, so not orange and it wasn't streaky at all. Even I, who normally can't even notice that I'm wearing a 'dark' fake tan, can see that this is a dark tan. The next time I tried it I played by the rules and left it on for the 3 hours. It developed just as well and left a beautiful dark colour, only slightly lighter than before. If you don't want such a dark colour, I would definitely stick to the 1-2 hours, as you can tell that it does what it says and develops very quickly. I've read a few reviews that have moaned about it drying too fast and therefore, finding it hard to rub into the skin. I didn't notice any difference from the usual Lauren's Way tan and found it very easy to apply with a mitt. The tan lasts longer than any of the other brands I have tried and fades well, so you're not left with horrible patches. 

Overall I adore this tan and I'm so happy that I finally feel like I've found an amazing brand. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a quick medium - dark, to very dark tan and who wants it quick! I love that you can leave it longer for an even deeper colour but also, you don't need to wait the normal 8 + hours, as often I don't get 8 hours sleep so I normally find that I don't sleep long enough for the tan to develop in time, from when I apply it, go to bed and then have to get up and wash it off. 

Have you tried Lauren's Way Solution 60? You can order online 'here' and it's also stocked in some Debenhams stores, I would order online and wait for a sale, so to get an even better bargain! 




6 comments:

  1. I've never tried this but you've pretty much sold it to me here haha xx

    Lauraslittleloves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never tried this,but I love reading your post!
    Love your blog and hope that we could stay in touch!
    Xoxo Antonella <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh this sounds really good! i'm quite new to tanning, but definitely think that quickly developing ones are the best!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved