Sunday 29 June 2014

TANYA BURR LIPGLOSS REVIEW AND SWATCHES

I hate to admit it but although I am a fan of Tanya's youtube tutorials, I wasn't exactly excited for the release of her nail varnishes and lipglosses. I like lipgloss but never really bother wearing it because I'm too lazy to touch up throughout the day. Another, I'm sorry Tanya, but I just presumed that they wouldn't be that great quality wise. I take it back, I promise! 


I narrowed it down to three shades to start off with and to try them out and see if it was worth getting more. Luckily they were on 3 for 2 at the time... I definitely did not purposely wait for this offer - okay I did. I chose Chic, Picnic in the Park and Exotic Island. All of the shades that I chose are a cream formular with no shimmer, just incredible glossy! Chic is a perfect nude shade; a beige pink shade that isn't too light on the lips but just gives the perfect finish to either a natural make up look or a heavy eye look, where you only want something subtle in colour on the lips. Picnic in the Park seems to be one of Tanya's favourites as she always seems to be wearing it. It's a pretty bubblegum, but easy to wear pink shade. Both Chic and Picnic in the PArl are the perfect 'pick me up' shades that you can easily wear if you're feeling like you're looking a little run down throughout the day or want to pretty up your make up. Exotic Island is possibly my favourite shade, as it's such a gorgeous magenta colour, with so much pigmentation. It's easy to wear in the day and would also look amazing for a more dressed up look, either as a statement lip with a more neutral eye or if you wanted something more dramatic it's still wearable enough to pair with a heavier eye. 


I was really impressed with the scent, finish and longevity of these glosses. As everyone else has said they do have the sweet strawberry scent, which seems pretty unique. Once applied on the lips they are very glossy and not sticky, yet they seem to have enough texture to feel like they wont just immediately disappear off the lips. On me, without eating or drinking much they seem to last a good few hours, with the gloss fading but the colour, especially of Exotic Island stains the lips so you are still left with the colour. They retail for £6.99, which I think for the quality and amount of product you get, is pretty good. I have compared them to a high end brand and these are far better. The high end lipgloss contained half the amount of product and only stays on the lips for about an hour and fades a little patchy. 

At first I found the applicator a little stiff to easily apply to the top lip, as it just didn't seem to be flexible enough. This doesn't bother me, it's just something I noticed, but after using them more I've got used to it. I've also noticed that 1 of my glosses is a slightly different size to the other two, the lid is longer, which is pretty strange but still, who really cares about that when it works great.


Chic 

 
     Picnic in the Park

  
   Exotic Island

I love these lipglosses and obviously now I need want more. I've got my eye on Vampire Kiss, Lets Travel the World and possibly Just Peachy, although I'm not sure if it's too light, so if you have tried it let me know! I also like Afternoon Tea and maybe Aurora... Okay lets calm down now before I list all of them. 

You can get Tanya's range from Superdrug or online at feelunique

                                   Which shades are your favourite?


3 comments:

  1. I need to get these Tanya Burr lip glosses! They are all such nice shades.

    Would you like to take part in a Benefit Cosmetics giveaway I'm hosting? The winner will win the new They're Real Push-up Liner. Details can be found here -

    http://www.yazzyscorner.co.uk/2014/06/pabchat-benefit-cosmetics-theyre-real.html#more

    Hope you can take part :D

    Yazmin xx
    www.yazzyscorner.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shades, i really need to try some of these, ive heard amazing things!
    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Georgia! I didn't realise you'd made your own blog :O Do you no longer blog with your sister? Can I just say Tanya Burr lip gloss aside, your skin always looks so vibrant and glowing! Whats your secret? Nice to speak to you again.

    Amyloo xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved