Wednesday 2 July 2014

HANNAH'S PROM OUTFIT AND MAKE UP

Yesterday (30th June), was my sister, Hannah's sixth form prom. I did her make up for her, but she refused to do anything with her hair as she didn't want to look "too done up," It's prom! but okay Hannah... It's funny how different sixth form prom seems to be from your end of school year 11 prom, where most girls are wearing huge dresses, curls and tiara's etc. I didn't go to my sixth form prom as I was on holiday, but it seemed like a pretty good night that I wish I had gone to, so I was glad Hannah went to hers. 



Make up

She told me that she wanted something on the darker side, so not the traditional pretty prom, glittery gold make up. We chose to use MAC's Club eyeshadow, as it's so pretty yet also kind of grungy/dark pretty. The photos really do not do it justice.  I used MAC's Painterly paint pot and then Quite natural on the lid to help intensify the Club shadow. In the crease I used Make up Geek's Peach Smoothie, Creme Brule and Cocoa Bear, to give the eye some warmth and definition. The warm red/orange shades were also a nice contrast with the green and blue in Club. I also used Make up Geek's Immortal Gel liner and Lancome star mascara, with individual eyelure lashes, which looked amazing with her already naturally long voluminous lashes, Gosh some people are just sickening aren't they?! For her brows I used Charcoal Brown Eye shadow by MAC.

For her complexion, I used Bare Minerals Brightening Primer, Bare Minerals Ready foundation, Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer and MAC's Prep and Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose to brighten up under the eyes. I set this with MAC's Emphasize powder. To conceal any imperfections I used MAC's Studio Fix Concealer. For Powder I used Bare Minerals Mineral Veil, MAC's Give Me Sun to bronze and contour and Benefit's Coralista and Hervana blush mixed together. To highlight I used MAC's Soft and Gentle. For her lips she kept it simple and low maintenance, with Benefit's Coralista gloss, as they were eating a meal at prom and no one has time to touch up! 




Outfit

Her dress is from a concession within Topshop, you can find it here still in stock. It was £35, which is pretty reasonable for a Topshop dress and especially for prom. It has gorgeous gold glitter running underneath the floral pattern which looked so pretty in the sun light.  Her shoes were from New Look, but a while ago so probably are not longer available. Her nail varnish is Tanya Burr, New York Night, she chose a dark colour to keep with her "I don't want to look too pretty for prom" look. 





she is the worst person to take photos of as she hates having them taken so much, but I managed to get a few good ones, where she actually looks pretty happy and not like she wants to kill someone. 

Has anyone else got a prom this year? If you do I hope you have a great night!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved