Tuesday 8 October 2013

SLEEK VINTAGE ROMANCE PALETTE

So, we're all pretty obsessed with the Autumn/Fall make-up colours and I think this may be the perfect palette for the job! Thinking about it, apart from the make-up side of things, I'm not feeling particularly Autumnal... I think this year is just going way too quick, that I can't even keep track of the seasons. 


Anyway, if you're a regular reader of our blog, you'll probably already know that I absolutely love the Sleek Ultra Mattes Palette. The Sleek palettes are of great quality and a really reasonable price at £7.99. I've been on the look out for the Vintage Romance palette ever since I saw it on another blog and grabbed it right up the second that I saw it. 

I really love the outside packaging; it's like the Sleek brainboxes knew that there's a tonne of girls out there craving the Autumn shades and Autumn feeling, so they decided to double please us with both Autumn colours and an amazing Autumn leaves packaging. I kind of wish that the actual palette's packaging was the same as the outer box. It would be very different from others and far from subtle, but it would be pretty cool. 


Another feature of this palette that I love is that each shadow has it's own name and not just any name but the cutest lovey dovey names to fit in with the 'romance' theme of the palette. Each shadow is either a state or city around the world with a love themed name in front. for example, 'Pretty in Paris,' 'Romance in Rome...'


As always the colour pay off is really good and all of the shadows apply really smoothly. Some of the shades are definitely more pigmented than others, however, they do all apply well, so it's not an issue, it purely is only that some are even better than the others. There is only one matte shade in the whole palette, which is okay as it's a great colour (propose in Prague), however it would have been nice if there could have been one or two more matte shades at least, as the palette is extremely shimmer/glitter focused and sometimes you need a little matte! The matte shades would have definitely made the palette easier to wear. 


Another slight criticism that I have is that the colours are all pretty similar and there isn't much of a mix. The palette is mostly gold shades and a lot of cranberry/purples. I do love these colours and they are Autumn appropriate, however, once you use them, there isn't much of a difference between each shade. 





















For this look I was really just playing around with the colours and putting as many different shades as I could reasonably fit on my eye. I've used Propose in Prague through the crease, Meet in Madrid in the inner corner, Court in Cannes over the inner lid, Pretty in Paris and Meet in Madrid in the centre of the lid and Romance in Rome to darken up the outer corner. 

Overall, I am glad I got this palette and would recommend it if you love the purple and gold shades, if you don't however I would most likely avoid this palette as you'd be wasting the majority of the shadows. I'm excited to try out more looks with this palette and I enjoy using the colours as other than this palette, I don't really have these shades in my collection. Although there is quite a limited colour range, I think you definitely could sill create a lot of different looks, I just think the colours will be great for more dramatic looks, this definitely isn't a natural everyday palette. 

What do you think? Do you have this palette? 

7 comments:

  1. Wow the look you created is absolutely stunning! You're so talented! I love the venice and florence shade.

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Me too, they're some of my favourites! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi. Such a beautiful palette, lovely colors! I want to let you know that I nominated you for Liebster award. Please check my post here:
    http://www.beautybellenotes.com/2013/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous - I need it! I love the look you've created :)


    http://paintincolour.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all those colours, they're so beautiful!

    xx

    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous colours!! I love being brave and going for something a little different!!! Please follow my blog back <3 Would mean so much to me xxx http://kenziebenalibeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved