Sunday 27 October 2013

MAC COSMETICS HAUL



It wasn't too long ago that I was a complete MAC virgin and although I was curious about their products I didn't feel like I needed them very much. It's now been 5 months since I bought my first MAC lipsticks and it's safe to say there's no turning back... Sorry bank account... 

I now work on a make-up counter so it does feel kind of silly spending loads on other brands when I can get everything from my own counter a lot cheaper, but sometimes you just have to treat yourself to fun new products! These items were bought in a few separate shopping trips; for some reason that seems to justify the spending a lot more than if I bought all of the products in one go. 

Firstly, I bought the Pro Longwear concealer in nw20. I already have the concealer in nw25, however it's a bit too dark, especially for under the eyes, which is mostly where I use it, so I just had to pick up a lighter shade. At the same time I also bought the MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose to brighten up under the eye area mostly as I'm now back at uni and working, which doesn't leave too much time for a full nights sleep (what even is a full nights sleep anymore).?!?!  The Pro Longwear Conealer can be used as an eyelid primer too, so really I should have left it at that but the Pro Longwear Paintpoint in painterly (obviously), was calling out to me and I just needed it. I'm glad I bought it as it's a great eyelid primer as it had a slightly sticky texture which holds the eye shadow in place really well. I don't think it will be running out any time soon either, as a little does go a very long way! The eye shadow is in the shade Girlie, it's a pretty pink shade, to be quite honest I'm not sure why I bought this one. I don't really wear pink... actually I don't ever wear any type of pink eye shadow, but Jaclyn Hill used it in one of her tutorials and I liked it and thought it would look good with purples, which I do like to wear so I bought it. On my final trip to heaven MAC I bought the Prep + Prime Translucent powder and the Skin Base Visage. I never thought I was one to follow celebs but I saw Lucy and Sam using the powder on TOWIE and their make-up always looks lovely so I was sold... *Note to self I need more will power*. I'd heard good things about the MAC Primers and I don't think this was actually the particular one that was being raved about but so far I really like it and will definitely be doing an individual review. 

All of the products in this haul will most likely either have their own individual reviews, or they'll be featuring  in future posts in some way or another in the future, so be sure to look out for them or leave any comments if you want any in-depth reviews soon. 

5 comments:

  1. I've heard so many raves about the Prolong wear concealer and i'm intrigued. But with bad experiences from MAC face products, I'm not sure if I want to take the splurge on something I'm not sure I'd like???? Oh, the dilemma! :P x

    Daphne | Peanut Butter and Chocolate Life | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh tough decision then! I've never had any bad reactions from MAC but I think i'd be put off too if I had :/ x

      Delete
  2. I have girlie. It looks lovely with Sketch & also Cranberry :) Or add it too a copper colour for a smokey eye

    xoxo
    jessica
    from
    www.thecrownwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks!! I have those so I'll definitely try that out. :D xx

      Delete
  3. you have some nice products there! MAC has become one of my favourite makeup brands :) x

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved