Thursday 3 July 2014

JUNE FAVOURITES

You knew it was coming... but we are now over half way through the year!

I'm quite glad to be on this half of the year now; the weather's nicer and I've got a few things that I'm now looking forward to, like holidays, my friends wedding and the thought of not having to do uni work come September is pretty amazing!


I originally was deliberating over whether to actually do a favourites this month, as lately I've been being pretty good and not buying much make up at all. I say that like it's a big achievement, but I've just remembered that May included a haul post and considering it's only one month since then, maybe I haven't been doing so well... hmm. 


Anyway, I had a look around and there actually has been quite a few products, mostly old, that I have been regularly using and loving this month. First up, Lauren's Way Solution 60, which you can read a full review of 'here.' I like to keep up a tan all year round, however as it's now pretty warm outside - if you're in the UK, hopefully I've picked one of the warm days/hours to post this and not a torrential rainfall day. I've been reaching for this product due to it's quick developing time and it gives a gorgeous colour too.


 Next, to go along with the bronzed look, is the Bare Minerals Ready Color Boost, in The Beach is Waiting and the fan brush. They  came as a set, called The First Resort,  with a lipgloss included, which I like but I don't love as much as these two products. Originally, I looked at the set and thought, I don't really want the lipgloss, I don't ever use shimmer bronzers so really I don't need this. However, I really wanted the fan brush and I'd seen Casey Holmes and Amanda Ensing mention this in one of their youtube videos and well, I just needed it. As I work in a department store, on one of the make up counters, I also get a pretty okay discount, along with my points card, meant I only paid £17 for a lipgloss, brush and bronzer, now who wouldn't turn that down? The packaging is a gorgeous reflective bronze colour, the brush is so soft and works amazing when applying the shimmer/highlighter shades to the cheekbones, to give a really healthy glowy look. 

Speaking about the glowy look, that leads me on to the next product, MAC's Skin Base Visage. You can read the full review 'here.' I bought this last year some time and used it religiously for months, but for some reason stopped this year and have only just found it again. It has shimmer particles in it, which give a gorgeous fresh glow to the skin which under make up are very pretty and subtle. If you've read my 'Skincare Saviours' post, you'll know that my skin has just been doing whatever the hell it wants to lately and for the first time in 21 years it feels slightly dry. The Skin Base Visage is so hydrating that I've been constantly reaching for it. On the topic of dry skin, I've been constantly using The Body Shop's Moringa Body Butter, as it's so nourishing on the skin. My boyfriend bought me a Moringa Body Butter last year and as he chose it, it's now one of those special scents to me as I know he likes it. It's also such a summery scent that I love using it this time of year. Obviously this isn't the same pot, but every time it runs out I just have to repurchase. 

The MAC Prep + Prime highlighter in Radiant Rose, has been a staple of mine every month since buying it last year. I'm surprised it still seems to be going strong, as I use it all the time. It's amazing for brightening the under eye, I keep trying to not use it, to be quicker and use less products but I always look at my under eye and think, no I have to use it, it's just so good!

I've always loved false eye lashes and have been trying to wear them successfully and failing quite often for so many years. I think it's only this year that I've been able to successfully apply all of my eye make up and then add the lashes and actually have them stay on and not mess up my make up. I think the Duo eyelash adhesive has had a lot to do with that. It works really well and keeps the lashes in place all day. I think I may just get the white version next time as it dries clear anyway, as sometimes the black can get a little messy. My favourite lashes lately have been the Ardell Demi Wispies as they're fairly natural looking but so full and long, they're really lightweight and comfortable to wear. When I haven't been wearing false lashes, I've been reaching for the L'oreal False Lash Flutter mascara. It's a great mascara for both length and volume and works great on the lower lashes too. It's not my holy grail but it's my favourite out of the ones I've currently got on the go.

I hope you all had a great June! What were your favourite products?



9 comments:

  1. I have the moringa body mist and its absolutely gorgeous:) Also in love with that mac primer but its a little too out of my price range right now haha! xxxx

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't smelt that but really should! Tell me about it! Not sure I'll be repurchasing for that exact reason, but it is so lovely. xx

      Delete
  2. Yes! you really do, I can't put it down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely favourites! I really want to try the mac prep n prime highlighter! I've heard amazing things :)

    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, definitely try it if you can x

      Delete
  4. Great post,love!
    xoxo Antonella

    beautylove7694.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave the Moringa body butter a sniff while i was in Body Shop and it smelt so good! I definitely need to get the body mist once they're in stock again!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved