Wednesday 23 July 2014

SUMMER NIGHTS STYLE

I was going out with friends for the evening and decided that since I was all dressed up I might as well do a quick OOTD. I have since realised that only one or two posts down I'm wearing the same top. In the words of Kate Sanders, "Lizzie you are an outfit repeater!" (Lizzie Mcguire - you know)! I don't think it completely counts as It's only the top I'm repeating but still! 


Top : H&M
Skirt: River Island
Shoes: New Look
Watch: Fossil





 I recently bought this pretty flower skirt from River Island. I absolutely love everything in River Island at the moment. The skirt is so pretty and feminine, it is short but not too bad unless you're planning on bending over a lot, then perhaps go for something different. I had to resort to my mum taking these photos and she's probably the worst of the poor innocent souls that I force to take these kind of photos of me. It's hard enough just getting her to take a normal picture, let alone a shoe shot, so I'll just link the photo of the shoes 'here.' I think those are the right ones, but I'm pretty sure mine aren't the 'wide fit.' They're really easy to walk in and comfortable but you've still got a decent size heel when you want to dress up summer outfits a little. 
My watch is from Fossil and my nail varnish is Tanya Burr's Bright and Early, although it's looking a lot more coral in the photos. I love summer clothes but find it's always hard to dress well but still suitable and comfortable with the hot weather, so you don't look like you're just hanging at the beach. This outfit was very cool to wear, yet still looked a little dressed up. 

I kept my make up pretty simple as it was sooo hot - have I said that yet?! I went for a kind of summer appropriate smokey eye and used mostly the Make up Geek shade in Country girl, which is a warm red/brown, so not as harsh as black but still pretty and smokey. Everywhere else I packed on a lot of bronzer for that summer bronzed glow. 

 What are your favourite outfits to wear with this lovely summer weather?


4 comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved