Tuesday 10 September 2013

AUTUMN INSPIRED EYE MAKE-UP LOOK



Hello everyone! 

I actually did this make up look around the mid-end of August, when the weather started to turn a little less summer like and a lot more like autumn. However, a couple of days after the summer weather came back again, so I didn't really feel like I could post an autumn make-up look, while sitting wearing my summer dress and flip flops! 

I had been craving those berry/red shades so I picked up Maybelline's  Metallic Pomegranate  24 Hour Colour Tattoo, that Hannah reviewed 'here.' Hannah loves the Colour Tattoo's, however, the first time I used mine, I really wasn't impressed. It seemed to clump up and then peel off really easy. I also couldn't blend eyeshadow on top easily at all. The second time that I tried it, I actually really liked it. I'm not sure what I did differently, but they worked really well. 


1. I used the Metallic Pomegranate all over the lid. I really like the colour, however, I wish it wasn't so shimmery! I then put the light beige/orange Sleek shade (labelled with a 1), through my crease as a transission shade to make sure all of the future blending would look smooth and seamless. 
2. I next blended another Sleek shade (labelled with a 2), through the lower crease, blending it into the Pomegranate colour on my lid. I also lightly patted it over the lid. 
3. I also took the Pomegranate shade under my eye in the lower lash line.
4. I then used the black shade in the Sleek palette (Labelled with a 3), lightly in the inner corner and heavier in the outer v/outer corner of the eye. 
5. I then blended the black shadow in the corners under my eye 
6. I added Rimmel's gel eye liner to my lash line and flicked it out.
7. I used MUA's Shade 1, single eyeshadow as an under the brow highlight and also to highlight the inner eye. 
8. I finished off the eyes with a few coats of Benefit's 'They're Real' Mascara. (That I'm not too impressed with any more, as mine feels like it's running out after just a few weeks of use)!

As the eyes are pretty heavy, I wanted them to be the main focus, so I've kept the rest of the face very natural looking. I used Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum, Rimmel Match Perfection Powder, Bourjois bronzer, Benefit Hervana blush and Revlon's lip butter in sweet Tart. 


I'm absolutely loving Autumn make-up looks so far and I really feel like I need more Autumn colours! Are there any products that I need to try? 


7 comments:

  1. Beautifull Georgia...I love this look....wish i had your makeup skills....:( Maybe one day I can try .
    xx
    Lovely post
    Amna.
    asqgenerates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful eye shadows!
    I nominated you for the Liebster Award and the questions are here on my blog http://lipsticksandchanelbags.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-liebster-award.html

    xx, Nichol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is an absolutely gorgeous makeup look!! Love the berry shades xx

    Mademoiselle-mikki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Really loving the berry colours atm xx

      Delete
  4. This looks so beautiful! might have to give it a try:) lovely post x

    http://faithtrustandpixie-dust.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved