Tuesday 2 June 2015

MAY FAVOURITES

Lets start with the cliché - I'm finding it hard enough to believe that May ever existed, so I haven't quite got my head around how it can possibly be June already but alas, it has come so lets get on with it and enjoy the Summer months. I wanted to do something a little different this month as I didn't really have many beauty items that were standing out to me like normal and I liked doing a more lifestyle type post previously (here), so I thought I'd make this a little more life chatty. So, here are some of the things that I found myself loving throughout May. 
  1. Sister Time - Now that I don't live with my sister, Hannah anymore I really miss her, so it's great when we get to spend some time together. We also often work different days but luckily throughout May she had a lot of weekends off which meant that we got to spend more time together which was really nice. We did the usual, shopping, sleep overs, watched films and ate bad stuff. You can read about what we got up to one weekend 'here'.
  2. Grand parents time - There doesn't seem to be a weekend that goes by that my boyfriend, Jamie and I don't spend time with at least one of our grand parents. I love spending time with them and hearing their stories, either of how life used to be or just funny little things that have gone on that week. They do so much for us so I love just spending time with them and enjoying their company, especially as you can just tell how happy it makes them, which is so amazing to see. 
  3. Game of Thrones - Jamie and I were very late to the party and Hannah was even later; I've only just got her into them and I think she's only just on season 2. Jamie and I started watching them around Easter time so we just about caught up before Season 5 started. It's something that I look forward to every week. When I re-watched the first season with Hannah recently I still really liked it and the last couple of weeks have been especially good and I love when you get stuck into a series like that. 
  4. Curly Hair - I had my hair cut really short, to my jaw line back in October and although I did really like it, it wasn't really me and I didn't always feel myself with it. It's now grown to just touch my shoulders and I'm feeling much more myself and more pretty and girly. I've been adding curls to it with my ghd's quite often lately and I really like it. It's quick to do, just curling random sections and adds a good amount of volume to the hair.  
  5. Check Shirts - I used to dress up a lot all of the time just to do simply things, like go shopping, but lately I've been loving dressing a little more relaxed and casual. I've been loving checked shirts as they're so easy, casual and comfy but also a little stylish in their own way. They have been useful this time of year when you want something cool if the weather is warmer, but still covered a little as it's just too soon/too chilly to be flashing elbows and shoulders all at once!
  6. Tanya Burr Nail polish - I first bought Tanya Burr nail polishes last year and really loved them then. I loved the shade Bright and Early and it's one of my favourite all time colours; it's a bright pink/coral shade. I've really been loving Mischief Managed, New York Night and Peaches and Cream. It was the only nail polish brand I used in May. They last really well, a lot better than other nail polishes that I've tried and I just love the shades and textures.   
Hope you all had a great month and I hope June's another good month!

4 comments:

  1. Ah sounds like a lovely month! I need to learn how to use my GHD's to curl, I've tried for years but I just can't do it! haha. Hope you have a great June! x

    www.lucindafreya.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're good as itmakes it quick and easy! x

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear you like Game of Thrones! You have excellent taste in television :) x

    Amyloo x

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved