Sunday 28 June 2015

SLEEK DEL MAR VOL II PALETTE

I've been a big fan of Sleek palettes for a good few years now. I used to use the Ultra Mattes V2 palette all of the time and was perfectly happy with it, until I became greedy and discovered MAC, Make up Geek, Urban Decay etc etc... which led to me having to share my time with them all so it didn't get used quite as much as it wasn't my only baby anymore. 

I bought the original Del Mar palette last year and used it so much over the summer months, especially when I went on holiday as these palettes are so pretty for the summer, when you want to be a little more colourful with your make up. The outer box sunset packaging immediately drew me in and when I saw the colours I knew that I would need to buy this palette. I had been wanting to get a yellow eye shadow for the last couple of summers, so when I say that this palette had a yellow, that was enough of a reason for me to buy it alone. Surprisingly, I think the shades are very wearable and are a good mix of easy to use shades and pops of colour. You could easily create an everyday natural shade with the two matte brown shades and maybe the gold or the beige shimmer shade. The shades blend well and lasted on me for the whole day, without fading at all. The majority of the shades are matte, with exception to the light peach shade which has a soft shimmer to it, also like the gold shade and the light beige shade. The second shade in the palette, the orange has a fine glitter in it which is also the case for the dark grey shade. My only gripe with this palette is that the shades aren't as pigmented as I would like. On the one hand, this isn't a bad thing as it makes the shades more wearable, as they're not crazy bright but at the same time when you're using colour you want it to be seen. 

When I was looking online at other peoples looks that they had created from this palette I saw a lot of blue heavy looks, so I wanted to ignore the blues in this palette and focus on some of the other shades. Obviously I had to use the yellow as it was my first love of the palette. I like the look I came up with as it reminds me of a sunset. It's very warm and bright, but still fairly wearable - I didn't feel silly leaving the house like it. When I first used the palette the shades weren't as bright as I wanted them so for this look I used a white MUA eye liner over my lid first and applied the shades on top, which really helped make the colour more vibrant. I used the yellow shade on the inner lid area and blended that into the orange shimmery shade in the centre of my lid. I used the light matte brown shade through my crease and darkened the crease and outer corner with the dark matte brown shade.  I used the light mauve shade under my lower lash line, with the dark green shade in my outer lower lash line. I finally used the light shimmer shade as a brow bone highlight and a little bit in the inner corner of my eye. I wanted to make sure that I only used the shades in this palette and it was very easy to create a look with only these shades as there is such a variety. I initially thought I would pair this eye look with a nude lip but I got carried away with the colourful shades and decided on a red/coral shade on the lips. I used Bare Minerals Energized lip liner with the lipstick in shade Go the Distance over the top, also from Bare Minerals. 

I'm excited to use this palette more over the summer months and try out more ways to use it and maybe incorporating some other shades too. I would always recommend Sleek palettes as they have so much to choose from and they only cost £7.99! 


6 comments:

  1. Sleek palettes are such bargains! I love the yellow you've included near your tear duct looks amazing.

    Check out my MAC Lipliner x3 giveaway!
    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! Thanks, I've always loved yellow when I've seen people wear it.

      Delete
  2. This look is so pretty and something a bit different too. It's not a look I would have thought to do before as I tend to stick with more neutral shades but I'm definitely going to give it a try :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha definitely not your everyday. Thanks a lot :)

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved