Wednesday 17 June 2015

MY MAC HAUL


L-R: Soar, Dervish, Brave, Velvet Teddy, Kinda sexy 
Who would have thought that it would have taken any girl - let alone a make up obsessed girl, a whole six months to spend a MAC gift card. I think the hardest part was limiting down what I wanted, so to be closer to the actual gift card value... yes I went over it, but only by a little bit! 

The one thing that secured a spot on the gift card straight away, was the Pro Shaping powder in the shade Emphasize. I go on about this product all of the time on this blog and I am currently using the last little bits of it, before I start my new one. I love it for under the eyes as it sets concealer and really brightens up the under eye and just smooths everything out. I have to use it every single day! 

On to the lip products. I knew I wanted some typical 'everyday' shades, as I'm sure I do own some but I don't think I do have too many. Oh well, regardless you can never have too many nudes. I feel a little cringey saying which shades I got as they're so cliche but they're really good! The two shades that are not so common, are the lipstick in Kinda Sexy and the Lip Pencil Dervish. I swatched Kinda Sexy in the store and loved it; its a matte finish described as a neutral pink rose shade. I think it's a very easy to pull off nude, not too dark or brown and definitely not too light but I think it's a bit more of a peachy pink than a rose pink. I think it's really flattering on the lips and lasted very well on me. 
I liked the look of Dervish when I saw Amelia Liana wearing it a few times in her videos. It's a rosy pink colour which is like an exaggerated version of my natural lip colour, so it's great when you just want a very subtle everyday shade. I think it would go with so many lipsticks too as it is such a natural and easy shade. The only thing that isn't so great about Dervish, is that it doesn't seem very creamy so doesn't apply as easily as I would like, but this isn't too much of an issue. 

Onto the more obvious lipstick choices, of course I needed Brave. I really love the rose pink shades (can't you tell)! that just enhance your lip colour, which Brave does perfectly. It's hyped so much but it is such a great shade. I think it's the kind of shade that just completes your look and is a pretty pink but not your typical girly pink pink shade. The Soar Lip pencil is a darker version and more brown toned.I prefer Brave for an every day shade but I love Soar if I want something a little more. I completely got sucked into the hype with Soar as when I first swatched it at MAC I really didn't like it but the beauty blogger in me just needed it. When I was being logical I decided that maybe I didn't need to buy Velvet Teddy too but then my logic gave out and I needed it. I'm so glad I got it as originally I thought it would be my least favourite of the lipsticks as it seemed the darkest and I thought it might be too brown. After wearing it, I'm in love. I didn't realise how flattering it is. It's a dark pinky/brown nude but it's extremely wearable which surprised me. I find that when I wear it, likewise to Brave and Kinda Sexy, it seems to stain the lips, so even hours and hours later you can still see the colour. 

I also got a free sample of the Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in shade NC25 with my order. I am yet to try this shade but I do already own the foundation in NW25 and I like it but it's not my favourite foundation. 

What are your favourite MAC lipstick and lip liner shades, I'm sure there are still more that I need!? 



6 comments:

  1. I've been wanting dervish lip liner and kinda sexy for quite some time now but they're always out of stock in my local mac counter may have to place an online order Kinda sexy looks so good x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these shades are so pretty! Love the lip pencils!
    Kirsty x


    PrettyBugBlog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Velvet teddy is my favorite lipstick ever. It's perfect for everyday without being too pinky nude, which I love!

    ippykrispy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved