Sunday 21 June 2015

MY SELF TAN ROUTINE | LAUREN'S WAY GLAM TAN

 I used to apply self tan all year round and worry that I still looked pale - apparently a common symptom of a fake tan addiction. Last autumn/winter I decided to embrace my natural skin colour as there isn't really any need to be tanned when the temperatures are freezing outside. I also moved in with my boyfriend last year and it became less acceptable to walk around the house and to go to bed with a very unnaturally dark skin tone and smelling of biscuits. It was a joy not having to worry about ever having patchy skin, where your fake tan is starting to look less than perfect, or making time during the cold months to apply self tan and remove it! As the summer months loomed, I knew I would be turning to the self tan again as it was fine avoiding it during the winter months but once everyone starts getting real tans and showing more skin, I couldn't just sit there as pale as Snow White. 

As we all know exfoliation is key when it comes to applying self tan, so first I exfoliate my skin. My favourite lately is the LUSH Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub; it smells gorgeous and leaves the skin so smooth. I've recently bought some exfoliating gloves which are so quick and easy to use and are extra useful if you ever have stubborn fake tan that needs removing. I used a few different Lauren's Way self tans last year and really liked them, although they were the best ones that I have used, they did still have the usual biscuit smell and stinky/uncomfortable texture until you washed them off. I recently tried the Lauren's Way Glam Tan Darker Than Dark Spray formula and it has fast become my favourite self tan. I didn't know how I would feel about this one as I have never used a spray formula before. The application was really easy and seemed to work into the skin easier and quicker than the lotions or mousse formulas that I've used, I think because it's a lot more light weight. It also felt a lot better on the skin and I didn't feel like I was wearing self tan all day while waiting for it to develop. The colour was a really nice natural tanned look and it lasted and faded nicely once it had been on a week and didn't go patchy like most seem to. 

I like to use a gradual tan, like the Dove Summer Glow lotion if I feel like I need to top up my tan or if I'm short for time and don't want to have to apply the Lauren's Way. It's really nice, doesn't streak at all and gives a very good colour for a gradual tan. To make sure my skin is hydrated while wearing self tan I like to apply a really rich moisturiser, like The Body Shop body butters. The one that I am using at the moment is the Chocomania scent, which is gorgeous. I normally feel  like I need to apply more self tan once a week and the whole exfoliating process starts again! It does take a lot less time just embracing being pale, but I can't help but want to be tanned, especially during the summer months, or after watching The Kardashians... and these products make it as easy as it can be. 

I may have already bought two more back ups of the Lauren's Way self tan as they are currently 1/3 off at Superdrug - go go go! What are your favourite self tans?

3 comments:

  1. I love Tanwise. I want to get St Tropez self tanners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't the biggest St Tropez fan but I do think I might be the only one there!

      Delete
  2. I used to always use Dove's gradual tan but recently I've been using Coco Brown's tanning mousse. It's really good for an instant rather than gradual tan. I'd highly recommend it!

    Check out my MAC Lipliner x3 Giveaway!
    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved