Monday 17 June 2013

REVIEW: SLEEK BLUSH BY 3 PUMPKIN + LACE











 All of the blushes are so well pigmented and although they look pretty scary, especially the Pumpkin palette, you can achieve a really subtle blush colour if you only apply them lightly; you really do not need much product at all to get a really great colour pay off.

If you like coral pink and orange blushes I would really recommend the Lace palette. Two of the shades are matte and the middle shade is a shimmer. The shimmer is a really pretty pinky/coral and gold colour, so it would look really great on darker skin tones especially, although it still suits lighter skin tones. I like to use the middle shade, Guipure as a highlighter for the other two shades, as they're matte and the shimmer gives the blush a really pretty sheen. I only apply the shimmer shade to the cheekbones as I sometimes feel that it's a bit much as an all over blush. We think that the coral shade (1st on the left) joined with the shimmer, Guipure, is very similar to Benefit's Coralista blush. I've even convinced Hannah to get this palette instead of Coralista, one of her favourite blushers, as it's under the cost of Coralista, at only £9.99. I think the price is very reasonably, as you get 3 pretty large blushes, that have great pigmentation so I think these palettes may be growing old with me as I really can't see them running out anytime soon! 

The Pumpkin palette is full of really bright and vibrant shades, however, like Lace, if applied lightly they can be more subtle. I haven't reached for this palette as much as Lace, but I still really like it. The red shade is slightly shimmery, but nothing like the shimmer shade in Lace, it's hardly noticeable. The pink and orange are matte and really true to colour, you literally are applying a bright orange shade to your cheeks. I think these colours are definitely better suited for darker skin tones and they would definitely work amazing on really dark skin as there would be no trouble in them not showing up as they are so pigmented and bright. I think I would prefer to use these when I have more tanned skin. 


Have you tried these palette's?




3 comments:

  1. I can't believe I forgot I bought this! I am going to take it out of my makeup drawer and try it again tomo! For some reason I think I found the colors too orange and then put it away x (lace one) although I own coralista and love it!

    Great post!

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I love when that happens, it's like you've just bought something new haha. I know what you mean about it being too orangey but I just mix the colours and I don't think it's orange then. :)
      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Sleek is one of my favourite brands, it is the quality of the more expensive brands like mac, but much cheaper!! I love the lace colours. Would you like to follow eachother? let me know :) xx

    http://perfectly--petite.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved