Tuesday 3 September 2013

GEORGIA'S AUGUST FAVOURITES


Last month none of my beauty products were really standing out to me at all. I'd also not been buying anything new due to my 'spending ban'/ trying to use up what I already own. However, during August, I found that I was reaching for particular products over and over again and really enjoyed using what I was choosing. 

Apart from the Baby Lips, all of these products are products that I already owned prior to the start of the month, but this month they really stood out to me.

MUA Undress Me Palette & Sleek Ultra Mattes

The MUA Undress Me palette is my 'back up' version of the palette as the current one that I use has been very well loved and isn't looking as immaculate as the one pictured. I've been really liking the two matte shades (3rd & 5th in the top row) and the gold shade (6th in the top row). I've really liked using shade 5 in the crease, the gold shade 6 all over the lid and then the black or brown shades in the Sleek palette in the outer corner of the eye and slightly through the crease. I've also liked using shade 7 all over the lid, with the red/brown shade (2nd shade from the left, on the bottom row),  from the Sleek palette through the crease. I've loved the Sleek palette ever since I bought it and will definitely be repurchasing when this one runs out. I've also liked the MUA palette, however I've been neglecting it lately, until the month of August when we were brought together again and completely reconnected. 

Herbal Essences Bee Strong Shampoo & Conditioner

When I bought these a few months ago, I thought, oh lets just chuck these on the blog... I'm not sure anyone will be too attracted to the review but anyway...
I couldn't have been more wrong. My review of the Bee Strong range has been our most viewed post, by an insane amount and I genuinely cannot believe how many views it has actually got. It's no surprise that these are amazing products. If you want to read the full review, you can check it out 'here.'  I coloured my hair back to my natural brunette shade at the beginning of August and although I adore the colour, it left my hair feeling pretty damaged and tired. I was using another shampoo and conditioner but my hair didn't seem to be improving. I used the Bee Strong shampoo and conditioner one night and the next day my hair felt amazing; so soft, shiny and lightweight. I've been using it ever since and really love it. 

L'oreal True Match Foundation

Once again, I'd been too busy using other foundations that I had ignored the True Match foundation for a while. I started using it one day and fell back in love. I love that you don't need much product; one pump will cover the whole face really well. It's definitely a really good medium coverage foundation that can be built up if necessary. It's a great match for my skin (golden beige) and seems to last really well. I've been using this everyday before work, I drive for about 40 minutes in the car, then walk into work and then work and walk back to the car and the same journey home. It's also been really warm lately, but still by the time that I get home from work, my foundation still looks great and I wouldn't need to retouch if I was to then go out after work. 

Maybelline The Eraser Concealer

I've previously reviewed this product, so if you would like to read the full review, you can 'here.' 
I think this concealer must have got lost under my numerous others as I'd totally forgot about it and had instead been using the famous Collection concealer. I decided to hunt for it specifically during August and I loved it even more than before. It's so creamy and gives great coverage. I also really love the sponge aplicator as it feels extra soothing when you apply it under your eyes. 

Benefit They're Real Mascara 

I didn't start using this mascara until August as I'd been saving it until I'd used up my others. I'm not sure it's worth its huge hype, as I equally love some of the L'oreal mascaras that I have previously tried, however, it is an amazing mascara. What I love most about this mascara is how quickly you can build up length and volume. I love heavy impact lashes that do stand out and look really volumized, but without the clump, which this mascara does amazingly. It's definitely my favourite out of all of the mascaras that I have recently tried. 

MUA Eye Shadow Shade 19

This is a matte eye shadow and I've been using it on my brows and sometimes under my lash line and through the crease. It's so pigmented, builds colour amazingly and lasts all day. It's only £1 and it's great! It's probably as easily to blend, or at least very close to MAC eye shadows. 

MAC Lustering Lipstick

This has been one of my favourite summer lipstick colours this year and I've been wearing it a lot this month. It's so easy to wear and really brightens up your look. I've found two dupes for this lipstick which I wrote a post on 'here,'if you don't fancy forking out £15!!! for a MAC lipstick. MAC, just stop! It's not funny. 

Baby Lips Pink Punch

Pink Punch has lived in my hand bag all month and I've really loved wearing it while I'm at work as it's so easy to quickly apply and gives a great, quite strong hint of colour to the lips. The colour makes it look like you've applied a lipstick, when actually it's only a lip balm and it's nourishing on the lips. Another great feature is that the colour seems to stain the lips so over time the glossy look fades away, however the strong colour remains evenly. 

Hope you've enjoyed reading my favourites from August as much as I've enjoyed using them! Are any of my favourites the same as yours?




3 comments:

  1. Love the MUA palettes and the benefit mascara is one of my favs too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute blog, excellent collections, totally love them !@#$$

    Pls post more! Shall we follow each other? I love comment and browse blogs I followed!
    XOXO
    Poppy:
    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com
    Pls leave a message if u follow me , i will follow back soon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I recently tried the baby lips and I love them.

    Emily xx http://emilou140597.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved