Sunday 29 September 2013

BOOTS HAUL + MINI REVIEWS

Lately I've really been making an effort to save my money which resulted in my makeup bag looking depressingly low and in need of some new purchases. The only solution to this - a little make-up only shopping trip!


The foundation, mascara and powder were all repeat buys and so I could be safe in the knowledge that they would perform as well as before, however the rest of my purchases were new to me and I have some mixed feedback.  

Having just used up a mini Benefit Chacha Tint I was looking for a more affordable replacement and found this new Rimmel liquid cheek tint. The texture is thicker than what I would class as liquid compared to the Benefit tint however this is not a set back. The tint is very light weight which means that the colour can be built up and would therefore be a great fit for lots of skin tones. The tint comes in two shades; Pop of pink and Sun kissed  Cherry which although limited choice, the two colours are great colours considering this as the Pop of pink is a great pink blush and the Sun kissed Cherry is more of a coral tone, which are generally the most popular blush colours. 

The tint gives a good colour to the cheeks however, I also use a powder blusher over the top to intensify the pigment. I like to use Coralista by Benefit over the tint to also add a little shimmer. 

For the last few months beauty blenders have taken my interest and so when Real Techniques brought out their miracle complexion sponge I had to try it. There was a buy one get one half price offer on, so obviously Georgia and I had to both get one to take advantage of the offer.  A review will soon be up after we've both tried it out a bit more.



Finally, these are my first Seventeen make-up purchases, and it was the packaging of these products that enticed me to buy. I have never really used a primer before, so I didn't really know what to expect, however, I have been consistently using this primer for the last week and it does what it says. Your skin feels super soft while it being very light weight and is also moisturising which means that foundation applies even more smoothly. Very little of the product is needed with each application and so I can predict this lasting a good amount of time. 

However, the On the Spot concealer was very disappointing. It is described as having a creamy texture, however, the concealer is extremely watery even when shaken which means that the coverage leads much to be desired. 

Although I cannot comment on the statement of 'clearer skin in 4 weeks' as I have not been using it for that long, I will not be buying this again and doubt I will even be using it for 4 weeks. The colour is a very unusual shade that almost looks slightly dirty and is very difficult to blend into the skin even with using Real Techniques stippling brush and so I have taken to applying the concealer before my foundation just to hide the difficult to blend colour. 


So, that was my little stock up of make-up and I can definitely say that my make-up bag now looks a lot more healthy! 


Have you been stocking up on make-up lately, were there any products that you loved or didn't think too much of? 




4 comments:

  1. Great haul :) I bought the RT sponge too and I like it x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haven't heard of any really negative reviews so seems really good! x

      Delete
  2. I very nearly picked up the 17 primer today! Wish I got it now. Raspberrykiss xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, you'll have to go shopping again! ;)

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved