Saturday 23 May 2015

FURNITURE SHOPPING, BOOTS HAUL & NANDOS - MY WEEKEND

I know I go on about it maybe a little too much but I, like most others (unless you're an unfortunate soul who has to work), LOVE weekends. Now I have your typical Monday - Friday hours, I find myself constantly counting down until the weekend - granted, one day I plan to have a job that I don't count down the days quite so much, but for now it's a  regular hobby of mine. If you're a regular reader and you've read about me moaning about my previous job, you'll understandably think that I can't be pleased, which isn't the case, I just know  what job I want and need to work to get to it and go back to that horrid education even after completing my degree, so until then I mostly live for the weekends! 

My weekends are mainly spent with family; seeing my sister and visiting my grand parents. It's so nice to be able to spend lots of time with the ones that are most special to you. The other weekend, My boyfriend, Jamie and I went to my mums house, so that I could spend the day with my sister and he could go and see his family (luckily they live very close). My mum and her boyfriend made us breakfast when we got there, I'm fussy when it comes to eggs and only like the white part and can't stand the yolk, which is why the photo may seem a little odd. I wanted to start writing more lifestyle type posts, as my sister told me she doesn't bother reading my normal posts as she finds lifestyle ones more interesting (thanks sister), so I wanted to branch out.  It's surprising how hard it is to remember to take photos  in your normal day to day life, but I will get better at it! Everyone else was tucking into their breakfast and there I was standing on the chair, trying to get a decent angel and light for my breakfast shot... how do people make that look so easy?! 
I thought it was cute that my sister and I were wearing alternating colours, with our tops and jeans.I had been needing a pair of black jeans for ages as mine had officially come to the end of their life. I finally bought a pair from River Island a few weeks before and I think this was their first outing. Of course the first time I wore them I managed to get lily pollen on them which is notorious for staining. Luckily it all came off, with a helping hand from my mum hoovering my leg - if it worked I didn't care how it came off. Little tip there! 
My sister Hannah, is moving house soon so wanted to go and look at some furniture, which interests me for a little bit and then I easily get bored. Luckily for me there was also a Boots where we went and obviously I couldn't not go in. I had been wanting to get the Garnier Micellar cleansing water, the original pink version was out of stock so I just picked up the green version which is supposed to be good for combination skin. I doubt that there is much difference between the two but so far I'm liking it. Rimmel had a 3 for 2 offer on and I had been lusting after some of their highly raved about lip liners. Hannah and I got the same colours, Spice and Tiramisu. I wanted East End Snob but it wasn't there *cried a little inside* But all is restored as it may have just found its way into my superdrug online order (the only time I'm going to say damn you bank holiday, as it's just going to take even longer to come)! To satisfy the 3 for 2 I also bought one of the Kate Lasting Finish Lipstick in the shade 08, which is a natural pinky mauve. 
After forcing Hannah and Jamie to take photos with me and the cats getting in on the action, we deliberated over what to have for dinner. I wanted pizza and Hannah wanted Chinese, some how we ended up going to Nandos and getting take away, which always seems a good idea when it's a Saturday night and hugely busy. I told Hannah and Jamie that I would stay at my mums house while they went to get it, as it was their idea and I didn't want to go to a busy place and just make it even more crowded. They didn't like this plan, so I ended up going. I sat in the back and they left me out of their conversations the whole way, as they both get on very well and have similar taste in tv programmes so often chat a lot about Family Guy and stuff I don't like and take the mick out of me. Luckily for me I had the food in the back so it wasn't all bad! Mwahahaa! 

I hope you're all having a great weekend and make the most of the extra day! 


2 comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved