Sunday 3 May 2015

APRIL FAVOURITES


April was a pretty good month; I experienced my first ever bank holiday, where I had four whole days off work, which was absolutely amazing when you've been used to working all of them and getting a whole two days off together was rare, and so a treat in itself. On the subject of weekends, I've had a really lovely month just spending my weekends seeing family, it's surprising how the simplest things can be so special. Now onto the favourites; I haven't got too many this month as I haven't used a great deal of products or explored too many new ones, but the ones I will be talking about have really stood out to me. 
I feel the need to first talk about the L'oreal Infallible 24H Matte foundation,as it was only last month that a different L'oreal foundation made it into my March Favourites post. I think I may be a foundation junkie, but I do feel that it is one of those items that really make or break your whole make up look and especially the longevity, which is important to me. I love this foundation for my normal - shiny t zone complexion. It looks quite matte but not flat when you first apply it but throughout the day I do notice that my t zone does still look a little shiny, so I wouldn't say it stays completely matte all day but unless you have seriously oily skin, I don't necessarily see that as a problem. It's more of a natural glow that it lets through with my skin type, which I'm happy with as it keeps the skin looking fresh and radiant. If you have oily skin I think this would still work for you, but you may just have to powder through out the day. I find that this foundation has really good staying power and my make up still looks good and in place at the end of the day 

I had been wanting to get a black liquid liner for a while as I only had a gel Make up Geek one, which I do love but I wanted something that was quicker and not so hard to repurchase, for everyday wear. I wanted to get a L'oreal one but Boots were rubbish and didn't seem to have any in stock or any testers for the one they did, so I picked up the Soap & Glory SuperCat black liquid liner pen. I love how quick and easy this is to use, it's also very black and lasts really well all day. The only thing I don't like is that as it is a pen form, so slightly thicker, I haven't quite mastered a neat flick/wing just yet, as I normally use a fine brush. 

Lush's Eau Roma Toning Water, has definitely made my skin feel so much more hydrated and soft. It's the most refreshing spray to use after cleansing my skin, as it's quite a 'wet' spray, in the sense that a lot more product sprays out than for example how a setting spray dispenses. This is great for a skincare product, as you're not worried about your skin getting too drenched. It does adsorb into the skin quickly, leaving such a hydrated feel to the skin. 
I have had the Bare Minerals Flawless Radiance Brush since least year, when as soon as I saw it and felt it, I loved it! Shortly after using it, I had a weird skin reaction, where my skin went very sensitive in certain areas and quite red and dry. I knew sometimes natural hair brushes can have this affect, so I stopped using it. Recently I found it again and thought I would give it another go and so far so good! It must have been something else. I love this brush for blending out the final stages of my make up or applying a light covering of powder. It's long bristles make it perfect for applying a light amount of product or just simply buffing over the face to make sure every thing is seamless. 

A negative of no longer working in a beauty department is that I can't lather luxurious creams all over my hands, arms, neck... all day everyday. I now carry with me the Clarins Hand and Nail Treatment Cream and it really helps instantly soften and smooth my hands. It's one of my favourite hand creams and I've been very grateful to have it around when my hands have felt or looked less than perfect this month. 

Finally, I've really liked wearing Roberto Cavalli's fragrance, Roberto Cavalli. It is described as a 'vibrant and sensual,' 'exuberant and sunny' frangrance belonging to the 'ambery floral family.' It contains orange blossom, which I always find myself being drawn to.  I think the description is quite accurate and find that I get a lot of compliments when wearing this fragrance, from both men and women.


2 comments:

  1. I used to love the Lush eau roma water, I need to pick up another bottle x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it but want to try the others now too! :)

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved