Saturday 30 May 2015

SAMPLING MY SAMPLES

While perusing my make up and skincare collection I noticed that I have accumulated quite a few product samples, either from purchases I've made or as part of sets, where you just get a little sample of a few products. I thought that these little jems seem to go un noticed so I wanted to write a post giving my first impressions of some of these samples that I have tried as I think samples are a great way of trying the product and finding out if it will work for you before buying the real deal. 
 The sample that most stood out to me is actually missing from this post, as I used it up and now can't find it - so maybe I was actually a normal person and chucked the empty product away, instead of hoarding it up! It was the Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel with Marula Oil, which left my skin feeling so soft and nourished that I bought the full size after only using the sample a few times. Likewise, with the REN Vita Mineral Daily Supplement Moisturising Cream. I had only tried one thing from REN but I needed a new moisturiser and after trying this sample it seemed to work really well, so I bought the full size product. It's really hydrating and a great consistency, without being too heavy. Even though I don't have dry skin, I do sometimes find some moisturisers aren't hydrating enough but I have never had any issues with this one. I also liked REN's EverCalm Cleansing Milk, I have the Evercalm Clay Cleanser and really like it so I was excited to try the milk. It's a good cleanser and I probably would purchase the full size when I've used up the many I already have, as I do like milk cleansers and really like REN as a brand. 

I know I'm going to have to buy the full size of the Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion as it keeps my eye make up on all day. I tried doing my eye make up without but regardless of what eye shadow I was wearing, it would crease throughout the day, which doesn't happen with this. You also only need the tiniest amount, so I'm happy to purchase the full size as I'm sure it'll last ages. 

I found myself with what once seemed an endless supply of Benefit's Porefessional samples as they seemed to come with every Benefit set. There is so much product in them that they last for ages. We all know it's a good primer, but I haven't actually had to buy it due to still surviving on the samples! 

I've been enjoying using the Clarins Eye Contour Gel, as it's really hydrating and refreshing, perfect to use in the morning or to add some hydration throughout the day. I'm not sure if I would buy the full size, as I've got my eye on the Clarins Eye Contour Balm, which seems more suited for night time use. I think I've got morning eye creams sorted but maybe in the future. 

I really liked using the Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser, for quick make up removal, it felt really refreshing and smelt amazing but I don't feel like I need to spend a lot of money on a product like this, when I've got the Garnier Micellar water which is a similar concept. Similarly, the Lancome Bi-facil Eye Make up Remover was a good product but it's not a product I'd want to splurge on.
 I've got the full size versions of the Clarins Facial Treatment Oils for oily/combo skin and dehydrated skin and I don't often have dry skin, so I wont be purchasing the full size of the Santal version but it has been handy to have as a sample for occasions when my skin is playing up and feeling particularly in need of moisture and as you only need a tiny amount it's lasting very well. 

I've heard good things about the Urban Decay Beauty Balm and similar products but I just can't get into the such low coverage products. I don't feel like I need a huge amount of coverage normally nor do I like a really heavy base, but these bb cream/tinted moisturiser type products just don't do anything for me, so I definitely wont be repurchasing. It has got good ingredients and an spf so I may just use this as a primer or a on holiday type of product when you don't really want make up but just the tiniest amount of coverage. The Bare Minereals 5-in-1 BB Advanced Cream Eyeshadow is another product that's one of those that I wouldn't get much use out of as it's just not something I would use. I think to make use of the sample I will use it likewise to the Urban Beauty Balm, as this too has spf so it would be good to just even out the eye lid for a no make up day when you're out in the sun. 

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful selection of products here, I love samples, I always save mine for travelling/holidays or if I'm staying at my boyfriends house! I'm seriously loving face oils atm so I'm really interested in the Clarins one! I'm using Antipodes right now and love it!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I do the same a lot of the time as some of them are a really good size. The Clarins oils are lovely, I'd definitely recommend.

      Georgia

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved