Thursday 29 August 2013

CELEB STYLE | BLAKE LIVELY

Now, who didn't love The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants in their youth? A classic chick flick that doesn't just show the fun lives of 4 best friends but also actually opens your eyes to all types of real life issues that unfortunately effect all of us, be that family drama or death, which is rare to see in your typical chick flick. 

Anyway I'm getting distracted! That was the first interaction I had with Black Lively, and ever since she has been on my admiration list! Although she became a household name in Gossip Girl I was more drawn to the books, so wasn't an avid watcher, however she still looked amazing throughout the series. 

Once again I've been stalking looking at photos on Celebrity Style Guide and have found an outfit that I need to buy, but obviously, I have found alternatives that are slightly more in a realistic price range ! 



I can see this being the perfect outfit to take you from summer into Autumn. If it's a warmer day the tights and jacket could be removed. In my opinion Blake always rocks the causal look when not on a red carpet, obviously, and this is part of why I love her style; it's easily transferable to our lifestyle, for example I cant see myself sharing Miley Cyrus' recent wardrobe choices! 

Here are some similar items that I've found, so we can all steal Blake's look!




1. I've always had a crush on River Island shoes however at £40 I'm far too indecisive to be spending so much on each pair of shoes, so I've generally been able to find alternatives in New Look however, for the sake of Blake I've chosen these as an alternative to the high heel. 

2. After looking at numerous websites I had almost given up on a suitable bag, but then this came up as a suggested item on New Look and is £27.99 but equally beautiful. I shouldn't admit this, but I am yet to perfect walking in heels, and generally feel too conspicuous in them, so have always been a little more into bags than shoes the result being more bags than I can go out to use! 

3. For those who prefer more figure hugging clothes, this River Island Jacket is £50 and very versatile for any Autumn look. 

4. This bracelet is from Miss Selfridge and although I wouldn't intentionally look in there for jewellery I think it would look great with the outfit, adding a touch of glamour to the slightly tribal feel of the skirt, the bracelet is £7.50. 

5. This skirt first attracted my eye while on a shopping trip and ever since I've been trying to find an excuse to purchase it, I think one has presented itself! It can definitely be styled for the day time or evening so at £34 and rated 5 stars on the website I can't see how it doesn't pay for itself! It's also available in both tall and petite - no excuse not to buy it!

6. Forever 21 has created these boots at £32.75, and although I am yet to own any ankle boots from here I did buy some Knee high brown flat boots last year and they have been perfect. 

7. This Topshop Cashmere vest is £20 which seems a little expensive however after purchasing similar items I can't fault them,  they're super soft and as boring and bland, as it seems I love grey as it goes with any colours or patterns which I normally prefer to wear in blazers or skirts. 

8. These boots are the closest match that I could find to Blake's. I personally couldn't ever wear them, which is why I've found some lower heel alternatives!

9. From Topshop, no surprise this is £85, however, I did buy a blazer very similar to this from River Island last year and wore it for weeks as it's warm without that 'preparing for a cold winter look'. 

10. This jewellery piece isn't partially close to what Blake was wearing however when I saw it I had to incorporate it somehow, there seems to be a pattern with Topshop items here! It's £15.50 so I would for sure advice being patient and waiting for the sales seeing as most of the jewellery becomes half price, I seem like a bit of a cheapskate but when there's so many beautiful clothes to buy I need to be! 

11. Finally this Topshop bag is £36 and beautiful... It almost brings back a fashionable nostalgia to the days when backpacks were the only bags to my name! 

12. This bracelet is also from Miss Selfridge and costs £8.50. I think it would be a great addition to an otherwise fairly plain outfit. 




I hope you've enjoyed my choices, this has been a very risky post considering now I have so many more clothes that I 'need' to purchase after looking at so many websites. Please tell me there's other people out there who constantly look up celebrity styles just so I don't feel quite as stalkerish! 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely love Blake, she's an inspiration to me, and all her gossip girl outfits are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovelovelove those shoes, but I've yet to find an affordable and reasonable pair too (:

    xx Alicia
    cleverspices.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved