Saturday 24 August 2013

KARDASHIAN KOLLECTION FOR LIPSY



Without sounding like a totally obsessed stalker; while following all of the Kardashians on instagram, especially Kourtney, I couldn't help but yern for the next Kardashian Kollection to be released. All three of the Kardashians upload various pieces of their kollection and it all looks so amazing on them. (I'm starting to realise I may be revealing too many girl crushes!). A vague release date of the new Autumn/Winter Kardashian Kollection has finally been announced for October.  However, an additional surprise has also been handed to us; the collection will no longer be sold at Dorothy Perkins, moving instead to Lipsy! I'm not yet fully decided on my opinion on this! 



Thrilled by the news there will be another collection available for us in the UK, I can't help but be curious of the logistics of the change and the reasons. That is, there are only around thirteen stores in the UK the rest being concessions, so will there be enough of the Kollection in the High Street for all of us, a serious concern! 



Initially I was surprised to learn that it would be in Lipsy, however I thought the same thing of Dorthy Perkins, as in my view it has a very different target audience and style, for example DP's range of basics is far from the dresses and blazers of the previous Kollections. In saying this I think that Lipsy does have a much more young, glamorous and dressy style that should suit the Kollection more, as well as hitting the target consumers more effectively. Also Lipsy's pieces are known to be more expensive, like the Kardashian Kollection, as it always seemed a bit too high in price for Dorothy Perkins. However, one negative of the change to Lipsy is that Dorothy Perkins were very generous with their offers and I don't think Lipsy will do the same, which is likely to make us less inclined to buy as much as we otherwise would. 



Overall, I can't wait to see the new Kollection, and can only hope, although unlikely, that this time its the Kardashians themselves modelling it, as I always thought Dorothy Perkins were missing a trick in not doing so on their website. As well as this, I also hope that they begin to sell more than just the clothes, shoes and bags, as in the USA they sell underwear and home accessories that need to be in my possession!



3 comments:

  1. I cant wait to see the new collection! loved the last one in dorothy perkins its where i got my prom shoes from.

    emily xx

    http://emilou140597.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/mac-makeup-for-prom.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about loving it,and what a good idea I have a prom this year! I couldn't stay away from Dorothy Perkins website, I just wonder what the prices will be like ! Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved