Sunday 18 August 2013

OOTD/N | RACHEL BILSON STYLE




To give a little insight into how much we love all things Rachel Bilson, we're currently scouting Ebay for a new full season box set of The OC because we have watched the four seasons so many times the DVD's are on their last legs and barely even work. (I'm now starting to think that that's not something to admit to so openly). My love for The OC was created through a slight girl crush I harbour for Rachel Bilson. I have always kept close tabs on any of her latest projects, for example her Shoe collection at Shoe Mint that tragically can't be ordered to the UK, however owning a pair is on my bucket list so I will find a way! 

When the TV programme, The Hart of Dixie came on I was extremely excited to see more of Rachel, however, when watching it, unlike The OC, I didn't really go past looking at her style and outfits and trying to replicate, or take inspiration from them into my own outfits. Therefore, I became a regular on google, searching for her style and even found Celebrity Style Guide, a website that collects photos of, you guessed it, Celebrity styles. Although you can't see much of the outfit in the photo below, its from Season 2 Episode 4 if you're intrigued. (I couldn't find a full length photo anywhere)!

Rachel's outfit on The Hart of Dixie

I found the top in River Island and instantly thought of the episode I had watched the previous morning.  Although I completely understand this is not Rachel's personal style it can't be denied she looks amazing in most things and so I have became a fan of the Shows style that can also be found on celebrity style. The leggings that I'm wearing come from Miss Selfridge and in my opinion take away the office look of the white collar shirt and add a more stylish feel to the outfit. The necklace is from Accessorize, around this time last year, finally the shoes are from Primark and give me the added height that I am always in need of. Which brings me to another reason why I love (bit too intense, I did say girl crush!) Rachel; which is for her lack of height, google says 5 foot 1 inch, and at 5 foot 4 inches we are close enough for me, I think its refreshing to not style yourself on someone that is 6 foot and will clearly wear clothes in a completely different way to yourself. 




Overall this is a fairly simple and easy outfit that would be suitable for the day time; you could wear some flats with it to make it look more casual and maybe tie your hair up like Rachel's in the Episode. It would also be great for a night out; you could add higher heels, more jewellery and other accessories and obviously intensify the make-up, with maybe a bold red/pink lipstick. 



Here's a close up of the print, which I think is a really great pattern as I haven't seen much of this pattern elsewhere or many other tops that are of this shape or style either, therefore, it's quite a unique buy. 


The leggings are really in style right now, especially as we're not far off of the autumn/winter months again.They're great to wear as they're super comfy, but look stylish and the PU, leather look panels really are a great feature and turn normal plain black leggings into something way more dressy and interesting.


These shoes are so great for only £12 from Primark, we've never really tried Primark's shoes before, but recently we've picked up a few pairs and really like them, especially as the prices are so low too!



 The nail varnish that I'm wearing is a Shellac colour, which our opinions of, may be being featured in a future post, so keep an eye out! 

Does anyone else love Rachel's style?



2 comments:

  1. When Rachel Bilson wore a sweater I had on Hart of Dixie it was so exciting! I love her style.

    Ring-a-Round a Rosey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha wow I can imagine! We get like that when we buy something similar to a celebrity that we love.

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved