Thursday 22 August 2013

BABY LIPS FULL RANGE REVIEW UK | WORTH THE HYPE?!

Oh my gosh... really? Another Baby Lips post on a beauty blog?! How original...
Yeah, I think there's probably a fine line between the hype and the annoyance of the hype by now. 
Anyway, we embraced the hype with open arms as we wanted to know what the fuss was all about, so we bought them all. 

Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss, Hydrate, Intense Care, Mint Fresh
I had looked around in my local Boots and Superdrug, when I saw that they had been spotted in some UK stores, however, I never had any luck until last Saturday when I wasn't even expecting it! 
I was shopping with my boyfriend and as I'm trying not to buy anything that I don't actually need, I completely ignored everything in Superdrug that I would normally lust over. We had only gone in to get something for my boyfriend, which was safe because man stuff doesn't interest me at all. When he went to pay I went with him so I could nab the beauty card points. This was when it happened... 
There sitting pretty at the till, were the Baby Lips, waiting for me to acknowledge their appearance and grab them up. I actually shrieked and mumbled, "I need them". I started to worry; the que was huge and I didn't want to just but in as I wasn't the one paying so I couldn't just add them with my boyfriends stuff. 

Luckily I have a lovely boyfriend and he said I could add one, (I don't think he realised one wasn't really an option. Come on, they're 3 for 2)! So I mentioned this to him and he said I could chose 3, YEY! The whole range wasn't there, so I had Peach Kiss, Hydrate, Mint Fresh and Intense Care to chose from. I quickly picked up Peach Kiss, Mint Fresh and Hydrate. 

A few days later I looked in Boots to get the others and nearly didn't see them as they were right at the bottom of the Maybelline stand, nearly hidden. Unfortunately they only had the Intense Care, which must be an unpopular one as the rest were sold out. I went to Superdrug and I nearly thought that they didnt have any either, but luckily they were all at the till and all of the colours/flavours were there too! I grabbed the remaining colours and also got some for Hannah too. 

Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss, Hydrate, Intense Care, Mint Fresh


So what do we think? 


Non-Tinted Baby Lips:


Hydrate (blue), Intense Care (yellow) and Mint Fresh (green) are the non coloured ones, so they are clear on the lips. These all contain SPF 20, which is a nice bonus for most, although I have heard of some people that say they can't use lip balms with SPF in. The balms contain aloe, honey and shea butter, which are popular in skin care. They claim to give 8 hours hydration to the lips. 

 We were really impressed with how hydrating and creamy the balms feel on your lips, considering they are hard sticks of product. Although they seem very similar, we are definitely finding favourites as we use them more and more. 

Hydrate, Intense Care, Mint Fresh
Hydrate (Blue):  Firstly I love the colour contrast of the pink and blue as it's very cute. The lip balm has a lemon scent to it which is subtle and pleasant. However, I'm not a huge fan of this one overall, as it leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth when you apply it. I'm not sure how to describe it; it isn't horrible, it's just that kind of not nice lip balm taste... 

Intense Care (Yellow):  This one doesn't have any smell to it and is the only unfragranced one out of the six that have been released in the UK, which may be the reason why it doesn't seem as popular. However, it's really nourishing on the lips and does everything you would expect. I'm not sure whether it's any more conditioning than any of the others, as it claims to be the 'intense care' balm but it's still a great product.

Mint Fresh (Green): This is my favourite of the non tinted Baby Lips. It has a gorgeous mint smell to it, which is pleasant and not overpowering at all. When applied to the lips it leaves a slight tingly effect, like mint products tend to do, so it feels like it's really working into the lips. I applied this balm earlier and it left my lips feeling really nourished and hydrated and around 5 hours later, my lips are still not feeling like they need any lip balm reapplied. I can't feel the product on them anymore, as you would expect...that would be pretty impressive, however, I do feel like I can still feel the effects, as I'm normally applying a lip balm every couple of hours. (My boyfriend just over read that last claim and said, "Every couple of hours?! More like every couple of minutes"). Well, there you have it!


Hydrate, Intense Care, Mint Fresh

Tinted Baby Lips:

Unlike the non-tinted Baby Lips, these three do not include spf 20, which doesn't really bother me... but now I think about it, it would be handy to have these when you're sunbathing on holiday as they would add a gorgeous hint of colour to your otherwise make-up free face and protect your lips from the sun! But I can get over that. 

We both love these three; they smell gorgeous, look so pretty & cute and also leave a lovely tint to the lips. They seem to give the same nourishing and conditioning benefits as the non-tinted Baby Lips and apply really easily and feel nice and creamy but light, on the lips. 

Cherry Me, Pink Punch, Peach Kiss
Cherry Me (orange): This Baby Lips has quite a strong gorgeous cherry scent to it as you would guess. However, it isn't over powering at all and once it's applied to your lips it's only a very subtle scent. It also adds a rose-pink tint to the lips, which is a lovely natural colour. Although not the strongest of colours, I really like this one for an on the go touch up as  it adds enough colour to brighten up your face but is still subtle enough to be able to apply without a mirror and you wont make any mistakes, like you might with lipstick. 

Pink Punch (Pink): This has to be my favourite smelling Baby Lips, as it's a gorgeous summery bubblegum type scent. When I first applied this to my lips I was so surprised at how pigmented it really is. It gives a really bright but lighter pink colour to the lips, which I would say is more than a subtle tint, however, it's still just as easy to wear and apply on the go. 

Peach Kiss (Purple): Once again, Peach Kiss has a lovely smell to it and as you can guess, it's a peach scent. This one gives the least colour out of the three, as it's a nude colour in the stick. It gives a subtle nude tone to the lips and feels as lovely on as all of the others. 

So, are they worth the hype?!

Considering that the hype around these little things is probably compatible with the excitement that surrounded Will & Kate's babies birth, they probably aren't worth that hype. However, we both do really love them. Our favourite's are the tinted ones as they smell and look the best on the lips. I love that these are great for adding colour to your lips, without having to worry about having a mirror around to apply it and how they're going to last. I also really love the minty one as it is the one that feels like it's doing the most to your lips, as it gives the tingly feeling to them. I'm impressed with how well they seem to moisturise the lips and I've definitely noticed I don't need to reapply as much as I normally would. These have replaced our current lip balms; we both normally use Carmex and we much prefer these. 

I would recommend giving these a go if you're interested and love cute packaging and pretty scents. So far they do seem great for the lips too!



4 comments:

  1. Love seeing what others think to these! I really want the minty one now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really lovely, it's probably my least favourite packaging but love the formula and scent! :) xx

      Delete
  2. I really want the yellow and blues ones of these :) cute post!

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! I have nominated you for the Liebster blog award as I think your blog is lovely and deserves more recognition :)
    Check out my post about the award here:
    http://alicestork.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-blog-award.html
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved