Saturday 10 August 2013

NOTD | THE BEST BARGAIN NAIL VARNISH



Hello everyone!


It's been a while since either of us have posted anything on here, as we've both been so busy with work etc. However, after painting my nails the other day, I just knew I had found something that had to be shared with you all! 



The MUA (Make Up Academy), nail varnishes must be the number 1, bargain buy that quality wise should cost so much more! We purchased quite a few of the colours when MUA had their 50% off offer as this meant that the varnishes only cost 50p!!!! Which is so insane, considering their quality. 

Since buying our nail varnishes, MUA have changed the packaging, resulting in them resembling something very, very similar to Essie's nail varnishes. However, most of the colours still seem to be the same luckily! 

The reason why I'm so impressed with MUA's nail varnishes is firstly because they're so cheap and really great quality; not just for being £1, but in general they are of a really high quality. They have a lovely consistency and therefore apply really easily. I've seen some people moan about the brush, however, I don't have a problem with it at all. It does look of lower quality than other brushes, however, I wouldn't say it affects the application at all, especially as the consistency is so smooth. 

Furthermore, the finish feels so professional; it's so smooth to touch and really shiny, even without a top coat. Finally and perhaps most importantly, the staying power is amazing! The nail varnish lasts on your nails for at least 5 days without chipping,  and maintains the colour and shine (w/o a top coat). 




The colour on my nails is 'Stormy Skies' which is  a dark grey, almost black colour and has a pretty gold shimmer to it. We both love dark colours, like black on the nails, however 'Stormy Skies' is a great alternative if you find black too harsh. I've added Barry M's (NP351)

Jewel Glitter Nail Paint – Yellow Topaz to the top of the ring finger on both hands, just because I fancied some glitter. 

There is quite a variety of colours so, I'm sure that there would be a colour or two... or as we are beauty lovers... five or so colours that would be of everyone's taste. I've used quite a few of the colours that we bought and they are all really great colours and all appear to be of equally good quality. 

I have absolutely nothing bad to say of these nail varnishes and would thoroughly recommend them to anyone; there clearly is no need to spend loads on nail varnish. 

You can purchase the nail varnishes on the MUA website or in Superdrug stores.

Have you tried any of the MUA nail varnishes? 



8 comments:

  1. I have not tried the MUA nail varnishes, but I have been recently impressed with their products, so i think I might have to try these out.

    I have a new post on my blog and i would be grateful if you could check it out.
    Thank you, Emily xx
    http://emilou140597.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/ootd_11.html#more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really great and obviously for £1, it doesn't really matter if you decide you don't like them, or only wear the colour once. xx

      Delete
  2. I love MUA products! Especially their nail polish... for £1 you really can't go wrong! :)

    Rachel
    xx

    http://lustslovesandmusthaves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I can't believe how good most of their products are.
      xx

      Delete
  3. 50p!!?? So cheap!

    Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs, Brittany, xx

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. They sound so good :) I've never ever tried them, I'm way too attached to Barry M to even think of trying anything else...but 50p? You can't go wrong with that. I love black on the nails, its so edgy!

    Amyloo xx

    http://amyloosworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May as well try them for the price :) We love dark colours too, might even prefer darks to the brighter colours.

      xx

      Delete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved