Friday 14 June 2013

NAVY BLUE SMOKEY EYE MAKE UP

 

I've mentioned the Sleek ultra mattes palette, many, many times before on this blog as it's such a great and handy palette. In my review of the palette, (which you can read here), I only used the neutral brown, safe colours, in my make up look and I'm always using them on a day to day basis, however the blues in the palette were in pristine condition and were just sitting there feeling sorry for themselves, so I decided to be more adventurous and give them a go! 


  

 I really like a navy smokey eye; normally I'd add a lot more black to it, so the navy is more of just a hint of colour in the look, however this look is a lot more blue. I think this is a really nice look for a night out or special evening, either if you want to change your usual black smokey eye up a bit or if you find black too harsh. 


 I kept the eyeshadow just above the crease, as any higher and I think this would have looked too heavy on the eye. This is also why i've done my eyeliner fairly thin on the top lash line. I added the black eyeliner in the water line to give the eye more definition, so that it wasn't overpowered with too much blue.






I've kept the rest of the make up natural as otherwise I think it would just look too much and it doesn't distract away from the eyes being the main feature of this look.
 

The colours that I used are numbered below, I also used;
-MUA jet black eyeliner
-Benefit They're Real Mascara
-Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder  
-Collection 24hr felt eyeliner in black
- Revlon lip butters in Papaya and Sweet Tart (review and swatches here)
- MUA Brow Kit
- Maybelline The Eraser concealer (review here)
-Bourjois bronzer (review here)
- MUA blush



4 comments:

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved