Saturday 8 June 2013

SLEEK ULTRA MATTES PALETTE & MAKE UP LOOK




 I'm just going to get straight into this one, I love this palette! It's just a good all rounder, that is so versatile. I like to use it when I want just an easy natural look or smokey eye, as shown in the photographs above. But I also love it for the other colours, like the reddy brown and the purples, which I previously wrote about in an eye make up look on the blog, here. I haven't used the blues yet but they are great shades of blues and not too 80's!  I also like to use the palette in conjunction with other shadows that have some shimmer, as I like to define the eye more with matte shades.

The Sleek palette's are well known for their great pigmentation; they're so creamy and give a really vivid colour pay off, so you don't have to spend ages building the colour up. They don't crease at all and they stay on for longer than you would ever need your make up to stay on. The black especially really stands out for me as a good matte black is an essential element of any make up kit and this one is great; it's such a strong shade and the smallest amount of product gives off a really dark jet black shade.

I've numbered the shades that I used for the above make up look and in order. Shades 1 and 2 were used as base colours, 3 all over the lid and through the crease and 4, the black, used along the lash line and outer corner and 5, the white as a highlighter under the brow. The lip colour is by MUA, and featured previously on in a review on the blog, here.  

I've read reviews that the applicatior that you get with this palette is pretty good, as they go but I prefer to use the Real Techniques eye brushes as they're so easy to blend with. 

 I would definitely recommend the Sleek palettes and for £7.99, they won't make your bank account cry. You can buy Sleek products from Superdrug or the Sleek website.



I'm looking forward to trying out more of the Sleek palettes, which ones would you recommend?





2 comments:

  1. thanks for following me, i've followed you back :)

    lovely post


    rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous makeup :) I haven't tried any of the Sleek palettes yet but I will have too now :) x


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved