Friday 7 June 2013

REVIEW: MUA POWER POUT




These new Power Pout's by Make up Academy are highly underrated! They looked pretty cool, when I originally saw  MUA advertising them, however they never really excited me much, until now.  I will confess that the main reason why I picked these two up was because of Superdrug's 3 for 2 offer, more for the value than the products themselves. I had picked up the Maybelline ' The Eraser concealer' which I previously reviewed 'here'. I know I'm not the only one, but 3 for 2 deals make you think that you really do need 3 products and for some unknown reason I couldn't think of anything else to pick up...No idea what came over me because I normally need want everything in Boots or Superdrug. Anyway, I decided as I wasn't really being drawn to anything, I would pick up these Power Pouts as it would only cost me an extra £3 for the two, which is pretty good.










There are six choices of colours and they are all pretty basic colours which would accommodate every one; nude, coral, pinks, reds, raspberry... I don't think any of them include any shimmer or anything, they are just glossy colour. They really remind me of the Revlon Just bitten kissable lip balm stains, however the MUA one's are under half the price of the Revlon balms. Moreover, they have the same texture and minty scent to them. The balms contain a treatment which is supposed to moisturise the lips, which I would agree with as the balms are very moisturising and smooth on the lips. These would be really great for on the go as you do not need to apply with much precision due to them being so creamy.

The silver part at the bottom of the balm is a roll up device which makes the lip balm stick increase when more is needed, so no need for annoying sharpeners! The pigmentation is really amazing and you really do not need hardly any product as it is also very creamy so the colour comes out really well and gives a slightly natural gloss sheen to the lips. I think that the Power Pouts would last a very long time, as you get a lot of product and not much is needed for each application. Initially I wasn't too intrigued as MUA's photos of the Power Pouts didn't seem to give much colour to the lips, or much difference between the shades, however this really isn't the case. Each Power Pout gives a very different and great colour pay off.   

The only reason why I would chose the Revlon balms over the MUA Power Pouts is that the Revlon ones come in 12 different shades, so there is more colour choice however, MUA do have a good colour selection and in every other aspect MUA are just as good and if not better for only £3. 


colour - Rendezvous 

I was very surprised by the colour of Rendezvous, as the packaging is a nude beige colour, however as you can see the balm comes out a pretty light pink colour. This personally did not bother me as it's a really nice colour and I only picked them up on the rush anyway, but it is something to be aware of as for a few of the Power Pouts, the outside colour isn't a true representation of the balm colour. 
 Have you tried any of the new MUA Power Pouts?
Colour - Runway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved