Saturday 9 May 2015

THE QUICK WEEKEND MAKEUP

I used to happily spend hours getting ready when I had the time to on days off; applying every product I could and trying out eye looks better suited for a night out than a chilled weekend. Lately, I've been embracing the much quicker routine and even skipping make up all together quite often on Sundays, if I'm just staying at home. I don't think I'll ever be the type of girl to go out happily without make up, not because I can't stand myself completely naked faced, but I just like to make an effort. These products are my go to items for achieving a very quick, fresh, pretty make up look, that still looks like you've made an effort but doesn't waste any valuable weekend time! 


First I apply the MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose under my eyes. I don't bother with an actual concealer as this product counteracts the darkness and brightens up the under eye well enough. I then go in with the Bare Minerals Original Foundation as you can just buff it onto the skin really quickly, without any careful blending, like liquid foundations. It evens out the complexion and adds a really radiant, fresh glow to the skin. If I feel like I need more coverage I can also buff a little more on. I love using the Bare Minerals Warmth to obviously warm up the complexion; it's the most gorgeous shade and makes such a difference to your base. You could just use the Warmth as a blush too but I'm a sucker for a pink blush, so I love using the Benefit Hervana Blush. It's a really pretty shade, that would probably suit a lot of skin tones. For my eyes, I blend a little of the two brown shades from the Naked Basics palette by Urban Decay through the crease, the outer corner and the lower lash line. I then take the black shade form the palette and just blend it along my upper lash line, so it looks like a blended out liner. I also take a little under the eye to add some definition . I then use the highlight shade from the palette to highlight under the brow, the inner corner of my eye and as a cheek highlight. I also use this palette for my brows all of the time. (I LOVE this palette)! I then apply mascara to my lashes, Lash Domination by Bare minerals is a favourite of mine. I finish by putting on a little lipstick, as I think lipstick is so easy to chuck on, yet makes your look so much more complete and like you've spent a lot more time on it, when really you were spending time still in bed or making time for a proper weekend breakfast! I love the Revlon Lip Butters as they're pigmented enough to give a good colour pay off but not as dramatic as a bright lipstick if you want something a little more subtle. This shade is Sweet Tart


I hope you all have an amazing weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved