Sunday 2 November 2014

HOLY GRAIL: EYE BRUSHES

Here we have round two of my holy grail brushes and this time I'm talking specifically about eye brushes. If you want to know my holy grail complexion brushes you can read my post 'here.' 
I don't use every brush mentioned, every single time that I do my make up, so they are not all essentials, but if I were to choose my favourites and most used it would be all of these. 

Brushes for packing on colour to the lid
The Urban Decay shadow brush is flat enough to pack colour onto the lid , with as little fall down as possible. The Bare minerals flat shadow end of the precision brush is also good to apply colour to the lid, it's a little thicker than the Urban Decay one, so it also blends shadow out a little more. 

Brushes for crease/blending
First, I use the Sigma E40 to apply colour to the crease. It's so big and fluffy that it makes it so quick and easy to apply colour and it blends all eye shadow so flawlessly. I then use the Sigma E25 for more precise crease blending and to add maybe a darker colour and blend it into the transition shade applied with the E40. If I want something even more precise I'll use the Real Techniques domed Shadow brush as it has a tapered end and is thinner than the E25. 



Brushes for the lower lash line
I like to use either the Models Own Blending brush to apply colour to the lower lash line as it's small enough and blends easily. I also like to use the smaller pencil brush side of the Bare Minerals double ended precision brush as it's really soft so doesn't irritate the eye. If I want to smoke the shadow out even more I'll use a fluffier brush like the Sigma E25. For definition under the eye, I use the Real Techniques accent brush as it's very dense, making it perfect for applying colour closely to the lash line. 

Brushes for the brows
I always use the Sigma E75 for my brows as it's small and dense enough to give great definition to the brows, while making it easy to control the amount of product you apply. 



Brushes for gel liner 
I received the Sigma E05 brush as a free gift with my Sigma order and it fast became my go to gel liner brush. I find it easier to use than angled brushes as it gives more precision.  



So, that is all of my favourite brushes to use for eye make up. Let me know if you have any amazing holy grail eye brushes that I need to try! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved