Monday 10 November 2014

HYPED PRODUCTS THAT IM NOT IN LOVE WITH

Here goes - I'm about to do what us women do best - moan! Okay, I guess there are some saint women out there who don't, but there's also the 500 million that love nothing more than a good moan! With bloggers and youtubers having such an immense effect on how we view beauty products, it's often hard not to succumb to the huge hype surrounding certain products. Often it seems our own opinions and views on products can be bias from the start, just by a youtuber or bloggers opinion. These products are some of the many that have been hugely hyped in the beauty world and really, I'm not so into them. 
First is Benefit's They're Real Mascara.  At first I loved this mascara and it did make my lashes look really good, it lengthened, it thickened and it stayed put; maybe even a little too well! My problem with this mascara is that it dries up super quick, making it absolutely useless to apply. I made sure it was the only mascara I had on the go so I could get the most use out of it, yet it still only lasted a couple or few weeks maximum. At £19.50, I cannot be repurchasing every couple of weeks! 

Another mascara that I didn't love was Maybelline The Falsies. We all know that Tanya Burr loves it, but when I used it I felt it was a good mascara, but it wasn't anything special at all! I also found the shape of the wand to not be the best and easiest to apply. 
Another Tanya Burr favourite is Rimmel's Stay Matte powder. I tried it as it's a really affordable product so if it works well then my bank account would definitely love me forever. I don't even have particularly oily skin but I always find that this powder makes it feel like I haven't even set my foundation at all and my face does feel a little oily and definitely far from matte. 

The much loved Collection Lasting Finish Concealer just doesn't seem as amazing as everyone makes out. I don't think the coverage is amazing and I don't think it's longevity is all that great either. 
I used hydraluron every day for as long as the tube lasted me and I didn't ever notice any difference. I read reviews that it was only when people stopped using it that they noticed what a difference it was actually making. I've now not been using it for a month or so, as it ran out and I honestly haven't noticed any difference. I love the idea of it but as I haven't really seen any difference, I can't justify buying another. 

Last but most probably not least, are the Lush fresh face masks in general. I have tried pretty much all of the different masks and I never really see any difference in my skin, not even any tiny improvements. They disappoint me as they all sounds so amazing yet, seem to do nothing beneficial for my skin. 
Okay, that's my moaning done for now. Have you tried any of these products and were also less than impressed or actually loved them? 









2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the Lush fresh face masks. Lush have some fab products but I definitely don't think the face masks are the best xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved