Sunday 12 October 2014

HOLY GRAIL: COMPLEXION BRUSHES

Only 2-3 years ago all I owned in the brush department was a few scratchy brushes. Fast forward and brushes have become some kind of obsession for me now and I still feel like I want/need more, even though I now have so many that I actually have to sit there and chose which foundation brush I want to use today. I thought I would share some of my favourite complexion brushes. These are the brushes that I find myself reaching for most. 
Clock-wise: Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, Real Techniques Duo Fiber Powder, Urban Decay Powder, Bare Minerals Fan Brush, Sigma F80, Bare Minerals Blush Brush, Real Techniques Domed Shadow, Real Techniques Duo Fiber Contour, Real Techniques Blush Brush.

Sigma F80 
I use this brush for foundation as it's so good at packing on the product in a stippling motion, to achieve a good amount of coverage. The denseness of it makes it really easy to buff the remaining product into the skin, without any streaky lines or anything. 

Real Techniques Duo Fiber - Powder
I completely adore this brush, so much so that I want another one! I like to use it mostly for bronzer to lightly contour and warm up the skin. The shape makes it so easy to apply bronzer as it's quite thin yet fluffy? It applies the product really evenly as it really buffs it into the skin, so you're not left with any harsh lines like you can be with a more dense brush. I also use this for powder, as it allows you to apply a light amount to set your foundation, without a heavy amount being applied.

Real Techniques Duo Fiber - Contour 
It's just hit me that I feel like I haven't found 'the one' when it comes to contour brushes. This brush is classified as being a contour brush, however I never use it for that, I can't even remember how it worked for contouring as obviously at some point I must have tried it... I may have to re visit this brush for contouring! Anyway, I always use this brush to set my under eye concealer, it works amazingly as like the other duo fiber, it allows you to buff on the product lightly so it never looks cakey at all. It's also soft enough to not irritate the under eye or move the underneath concealer. I cannot do my make up without this brush! 

Bare Minerals Blush Brush 
As I've said, I haven't found the perfect contour brush, but this one from Bare Minerals is definitely my favourite so far for a deeper contoured look. As it's smaller in size you can be more precise with it yet it's still fluffy enough to really buff in the product. 


Real Techniques Blush Brush 
I love this brush for blush, as it's so soft and buffs in  the product seamlessly. I also use it for bronzer sometimes, but  the duo fiber is still my overall favourite for bronzer. 

Urban Decay Powder brush 
This brush is literally the softest brush you will ever feel (if you've found softer, tell me)! It's really good to use for powder and to just generally buff over your face to smooth everything out, or to just feel how heavenly it is... 

Real Techniques Miracle Sponge
The only sponge I've ever tried, but I love how easy and quick it is to blend concealer with it, especially under the eyes. 

Bare Minerals Fan Brush 
This is such a great brush for highlighter, as it's a smaller brush so it just hits the cheek bones and doesn't leave you with a huge streak of shimmer just chilling there on your face. 

Real Techniques Domed Shadow Brush 
This is supposed to be an eye shadow brush, but I cannot use this for eye shadow at all as it's just too dense. This does however make it ideal for concealer on the face. I also like to use it around the eyes, along side the Real Techniques sponge, just on the inner corner, as it's more precise and easier to use in tiny areas. 

I hope thats given you some brush'spiration... I'll be posting a second instalment to my holy grail brushes soon, to talk about my favourite eye brushes, so keep your eyes peeled! 




2 comments:

  1. I love the Real Techniques brushes and the Expert Face Brush is one of my faves for applying foundation with. I haven't tried any of the Duo Fiber ones though so they will definitely have to be next on my list! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved