Wednesday 8 October 2014

EMPTIES: THE BODY SHOP


The fact that there are not one but three empty body butters in this post kind of demonstrates just how long I've been hoarding what most would call rubbish, in my bedroom. I recently moved in with my boyfriend and upon finding my bag of 'empties' his response was, "is that something people actually want to read about? Is it like OMG I actually used something up!" I guess I can see his point...


I have been working hard to decrease my beauty products stash, from looking like the stockroom of Boots to a more reasonable size. I'm pretty proud to say that it's been hard not buying five extra face cleansers and moisturisers, just in case... but I've finally managed it. Going off topic a little there but my point is, I've managed to use so much up that it was too much for one post so I'm going to break it down a little, starting with The Body Shop. I actually never shop in The Body Shop - okay rarely ever, but the body butters are just too good to ignore. 



My boyfriend bought me the Moringa body butter and I repurchased it for that reason as it was cute that he picked out a smell that he liked. It always reminds me of Summer as it's a floral but fresh scent that just screams sunshine. The Rasberry body butter was given to me by my sister as I was suffering with really dry, sore skin and like me, she has a tendency to 'collect' beauty products, so could spare me this one. This worked so well and smells gorgeous. I was a little apprehensive of the Coconut shimmer body butter and it wouldn't be something that I would have chosen myself but my mum bought me it for Christmas last year and I really loved it. I like the smell of coconut anyway but surprisingly also grew to love the shimmer effect it left on the skin. The shimmer is noticeable but still subtle so don't worry if resembling Edward Cullen isn't your thing, you're fairly safe. I would repurchase all three as they all smell gorgeous and left my skin very hydrated and as for the shimmer, well who can say no to looking a little prettier all over. 

I bought the Camomile cleansing oil before it became a hyped product and I would repurchase it again. It's great at removing make up and leaving your skin feeling really hydrated, soft and fresh. It also lasted quite a long time as you don't need to use too much for it to be effective. I'm currently using a different cleansing oil, but I much prefer this one, so it would definitely be the one I would repurchase. The Camomile eye make up remover came in a set with the cleansing oil - I wouldn't normally buy eye make up remover from the body shop as I tend to just get the cheapest. What can I say, it took off my eye make up easily, it did its job - there really isn't anything interesting to say about eye make up remover. Finally, the Hemp Hand Protector, hand cream formulated for very dry skin. This is where it all goes down hill. I did not like this hand cream at all; considering it is for 'very dry skin,' when I used it when my hands were quite sore it didn't seem to do very well. It feels okay on normal conditioned hands but then that isn't what it's apparently intended for. Another annoying aspect of the hand cream was that it looked empty after a couple of uses and I'm sure I only used it no more than 10 times before it was empty. Which brings me onto moaning about the packaging - as who can put on a fiddly screw top after applying hand cream! To top it off, I don't like the smell.



I can now finally chuck these products out for good! What are your favourite products from The Body Shop and which do you find yourself constantly repurchasing? 



4 comments:

  1. Moringa smells amazing I always use the body mists :)

    thechinadolldiaries.blogspot.co.uk

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't smelt the moringa body mist :( xx

      Delete
  2. I love the body shop and the design of your blog is really nice i will be looking again at your blog
    http://misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by srslydsgn | 2014 | all rights reserved